Bcb cup and mk2 crusader cooker help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Wonder if the forum can help me incase there’s something I’ve over looked ?
I bought this cup while back , as read it was better than the Ali version ,
I just bought a mk2 crusader cooker to go with it as wanted the bigger unit over the mk1 version , but the cup doesn’t fit in the cooker for storage ☹️
I looked at modifying but short of taking the handles off the cup or cutting the back out the cooker which is going to defeat the object of getting it and weaken it structurally .
Do I have to forget the mk2 unit ? And use my fire dragon stove
I wanted a compact brew kit that would fit in a pouch on my belt .
My canteen is carried on a strap over my shoulder so I don’t need to worry about that .

Attachments

• 0416BB56-60C1-4334-A3EC-490E708F13FC.jpeg
    0416BB56-60C1-4334-A3EC-490E708F13FC.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 11

shibafu

Jul 31, 2013
UK
No, they don't really stack together properly at all. The Mk 2 cup is quite a different shape. Actually even if you stack the Mk 2 cup in the Mk 2 cooker, you still have about 2" of empty space under the cup, so the pair stands quite a bit taller than the Mk 1 cooker + Mk 1 cup.
The tidiest way to stow the mixed combination is to drop your Osprey bottle straight into the Mk2 cooker, and put your Mk 1 cup upside down on top. Though that doesn't help you if you carry your canteen separately.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Thanks shibafu , my canteen is a Stanley adventure one with a maxpedition strap and cheap kombat brand dpm cover.
My other option is like you say just get a tall pouch put the cooker on first then put fuel or non perishables in it then the cup on top with the drinking stuff inside ?

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Don't you need the Osprey bottle for additional capacity anyway?
No this is literally just to have a hot drink on a sit down break when out on a walk , I don’t want to carry a bag , just wanted a pouch on my belt with cup and a cooker and my canteen on my shoulder , I’m trying to not buy new kit as don’t want loads of different sets lying around .

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
A second bottle is nevertheless no fault to have. Every experienced hiker will recommend you to carry minimum 2 litres capacity for a overnighter.

I would keep the Stanley bottle and the Crusader MK1 steel cup and send the MK2 stove back. I would buy a MK1 stove and the Osprey bottle with plastic mug and use that for day hikes and the Stanley bottle for other opportunities or additional.

I think that you are right with the idea to carry the bottle over the shoulder but I would integrate in the bottle bag the bottle, stove and steel mug, the plastic mug might be nice to have from time to time.

I think that fits your needs the best.
And like that you have a very durable kit.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Well I finally decided to get a 58 bottle and will put the metal cup on the top and the cooker on the bottom , easiest way to solve my problem .

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I had the same frustration with the MK2 cooker, it just doesn't nest that well with neither the mk1 or mk2 crusader cup. It seems like a silly design flaw and could be so much better if they made the cooker a tiny bit bigger so that it did nest properly.

As with the comments above, I've found a work around whereby the cooker just sits nicely over the top of the osprey bottle with the cup in its usual position. It also nests really well with a USGI Cup.

Reactions: moocher

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
If you want a belt mounted set up and already have a plce pouch or similar I suggest the USGI cup, canteen and stove.

Bit smaller than the 58 when packed so there is room in the pouch for lid, fuel tabs, spoon, hot chocolate satchels etc. You may need some foil or kip balm tin to hold the fuel when burning.
Not quite as flexible or efficient as the crusader but cheap knock offs work okay. Not the best as a self contained wood burner but the stove and cup can stand in an existing fire quite nicely.

Blackie Thomas does some nice videos on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE