The Irony of knife recomendations on BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I would take my Nikon FM2 over both anyday!

Macs have better hardware than PC's, but if you want the best operating system it has to be some flavour of Unix! (I'm a computer scientist and my word on this matter is gospel!)

I thought that Macs had the same hardware these days?

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Macs now use intel processors rather than the old power pc processors, but all the other hardware in a mac is custom built by apple. Although you can use pc hardware in a mac for upgrades!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I prefer to cut my stilton with a mora (Woodie clones are TOO THICK and make the chees crumble!)

Not with Brie mate :dancer:

.....Or Cheddar for that matter, although it tastes better if it's not a clone:

DSC04719.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
What's wrong with Nikon?

Take your pick mate.

Too heavy [ ]
Too slow [ ]
Unreliable [ ]
Alters jetting [ ]
Causes seizure [ ]
Breaks too easy [ ]
Numb as a prybar [ ]
Tastes of nowt [ ]
Smells like old socks [ ]
It's not made by Cannon [x]
Too viscous [ ]
Not viscous enough [ ]
Hard to get software for [ ]
Gets too many viruses [ ]
Gets its eardrums wet [ ]
Can't hear as well [ ]
Too expensive [ ]
Too cheap [ ]
Makes unit construction clutches slip and gets past the rings[ ]
Harder to sharpen [ ]
Needs sharpening more often [ ]

Think that covers the options anyway:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Macs now use intel processors rather than the old power pc processors, but all the other hardware in a mac is custom built by apple. Although you can use pc hardware in a mac for upgrades!

See Skaus, you burned your theory with one word, you need PC stuff to "Upgrade".

:lmao:

Just kidding,

GB

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
See Skaus, you burned your theory with one word, you need PC stuff to "Upgrade".

:lmao:

Just kidding,

GB

You may be starting a war here Goatboy!

Seriously though, PC components do have a higher tendency to fail compared to apple hardware, but PC hardware is generally cheaper. I would never say that macs are better than PC's though, they are just different. Mac users generally think that their computers are completely impervious to security risks, but the fact is they are less prone to exploitation only because the majority of virus writers target Windows as it has the greatest market share at the minute.

I use a variety of hardware, operating systems and software. I consider them as tools, and you need to use the right tool for the right job.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Well, it looks like my bike leathers might shift on the exchange then.....nice to see so many biker enthusiasts on a Bushcraft Forum....now I stick with Pedal Power....and Colnago Rules:bigok:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE