The “Isn't Life Great” thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just this minute, sitting in the lounge using my laptop, a young robin has come all the way through the house, hopped down the steps (our lounge is 3 steps lower than the rest of the house), hoped into the centre of the floor - fully aware that I was there. It flew up to the windowsill and was happy to wait whilst I opened the window to let it out :)

I love it when nature comes to you!

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Well I won't make anymore forecasts about bed time after the last slightly miscalculated one :whistle:

But the large downpours we've had in the last few days and the generally cooler weather has felt so refreshing and you can almost feel a bit more of a "spring" on the air.. the trees seem a lot happier, almost like they're happy and gearing up for their next stage in the year.

Also last night hearing a loooong deep grumble of thunder was like hearing from an old friend!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
80% of next doors encroaching bamboo dug out with some welcome help today.
Just a few more feet to go.
He's already had to remove his , so it's just been left to me to dig out what came through under the fence.
A great relief, as I can now prepare the area for new planting.
I fancy a honeysuckle hedge.

Ramblingrose

Jan 25, 2022
Porthcawl
Finding an open space away from the noise of town life. Being able to visit it regularly and feel secure because of the Robins and Nutcatches which pop by to check I'm being good.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toddy

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
31-BCA529-00-A2-4-DB4-A151-41335723-DFE2.jpg
The single squash from my garden. It’s a Victor winter squash. Lovely and knobbly and a good colour. My scales can’t take the weight so over 6 kg. As my daughter pointed out - I can weigh it when I chop it up!

Should be viable seeds to save to grow some more next year with seed left to swap.

Hard to decide what to do with it though. I had planned to soup it with other ingredients but think I should save some separate to test the taste.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Walking in the longed for rain, jumping in puddles and making a big splash and laughing, like a big kid, along with a couple of real children in wellies.
Feet and jeans soaked, but hey, who cares! It's wonderful, blessed rain.
The Mum was bemused, but ended up joining in too.
I must grow up one day.......:dummy1:

bearbait

Walking in the longed for rain, jumping in puddles and making a big splash and laughing, like a big kid, along with a couple of real children in wellies.
Feet and jeans soaked, but hey, who cares! It's wonderful, blessed rain.
The Mum was bemused, but ended up joining in too.
I must grow up one day.......:dummy1:
"Must grow up"?

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional...

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
"Must grow up"?

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional...
Absolutely. I’m making sure I grow old disgracefully. To that end I’m off to a bike rally this weekend. Drinking cheap beer and eating a lot of chips and curry, then sleeping in a tent. Combine that with a lot of chatting and looking at bikes, and enjoying loud rock music. I should be fairly chilled out by Sunday night…..,

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yesterday, I teak oiled all of my friends garden furniture. It was a long job, and I'm now in bed with a knackered back. Is that bad? No, I did a good job for a pensioner who can't do it herself, and I'm spending a day in bed, I have a baby cardigan and booties to knit for a pregnant friend, so it's a good excuse to do this, and not move from my nest for a day.
I've been so busy, I've not had time to get on with this task, which only has a few weeks to go before d day, ( or should that be b day!)
I am loving the thought of taking a day out of all the jobs that need doing and having a rest. There is always tomorrow, and if tomorrow never comes, it won't matter anyway.
A rest day is bliss. Turn off the world, and just cosy down for a day.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Found the shattered remains of a Dunnock's egg....the most amazingly vibrant blue colour :) It's a hatched egg, not a herried egg, so the magpies didn't get it :) and I looked out at the just re-filled bird feeder and there are the wee birds, dunnocks among them :cool:

I know it's life/death, but it's good to see that they outwitted the bandits.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I’ve not been on here or paid particular notice to many things lately as I’ve been waiting for pathology results.
All clear & nothing to worry about apart from a very minor thing that’s been hopefully sorted.
I’m blessed to be part of this earth.

Now that's a good feeling we can all wish you well with :D

My youngest son had cancer, you and your family have my utmost sympathy over the waits and the worries.
I hope you never, ever, have a recurrence.

M

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We're in Oz at the moment and it's spectacular, being woken up by the birds, that sound so different, parrots and all sorts!
Swimming in the Pacific! I love swimming in the sea.
Hanging with friends i've not seen for a while.
Walking through sub tropical forests.
BBQing while getting dove bombed by Kookaburras! Stressful but what an experience!!

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
For pudding tonight I've just had raspberry jelly (jello for our American readers) with strawberry Angel Delight (I'm sure there's an American equivalent, but I've no idea what it is).
It was abso-sodding-lutely gorgeous.
I loved every spoonful and I still have a big, childish, grin on my face.

• Haha
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE