The “Isn't Life Great” thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The “isn’t life great” thread – no negatives, just positive things that happened in your day. If you want to be negative about any subject raised, start another thread!

Fun things, joyous things, glad to be alive things! Things that have made you smile or even laugh! Or just things that made you sigh and say yes, isn’t life great. This isn't an 'I'm all right jack' thread, but one where we just celebrate small things that make life worth living.

I’ll kick off:

Tonight, I sat out as dusk turned to night, sipping a whisky. I realised, as I listened to the blackbird’s last chirp and the tawnies’ start to tweet and hoot, that I’ve experienced far worse times, times when I thought I would lose everything, when the stress made me so sick I couldn’t eat breakfast. I relaxed into the fading light and thought, I am content

Maybe not the best start, so let us know your bright moments :)

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Well, I noticed in the mixed hedging hedge I planted when we first moved in here are several ripening crab apples. Not an earth shattering discovery but certainly something to cheer one up. I also harvested our first crop of Plum Vite today, a local early apple variety.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I opened the back door for a last look out before I went to bed last night, and it was so still, so calm, so peaceful.
Smelled damp and cool.....and I was so heartful glad that Iived here.
There were 'steps' over the fenceline, and that musky scent of deer, and I pottered around to the front garden, and there was a fox trotting down the street. The bats were out flittering in and out of the light from the lamp posts at the pavement.

All in all, we're very fortunate. I went to bed and slept well :)

M

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
And then there are the days when the most positive event is way down the negative scale of most people. Seem to have had a few lately ... decisions with very few positive outcome possibilities.

Reactions: Redhand Jack

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I'm sitting in a bird hide right now.
There are no birds about whatsoever, but with the hide door open, and one of the observation windows open, it's created a wind tunnel and there's a gorgeous, cool, strong breeze blowing across my back and I don't mind if there's any birds or not as I look across the salt marsh and feel that lovely breeze wash over me.

Although as I type a curlew has just flown over.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We celebrated our 60th wedding anniversary yesterday with a simple pub lunch in the local and counted our blessings. I discovered on line that apparently only 1% of people get to celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary.

The card from the Queen was a bonus.
Congratulations :) I hope there are many more anniversaries too, and that you both keep well and enjoy the company.

:grouphug:

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just in. Visited a friend who'd been feeling depressed. Himself made a tray of tablet and i took most of it round to our friend. He was a butcher to trade, but he hunts, fishes, etc., and I came back round the road with a venison pie and three half pound pigeon breast burgers.

Himself, as the only meat eater in the family, is much chuffed :) and I'm pleased because I have really good meat to feed him with.

And, I went to the local model shop and R. had found all sorts of bits and pieces in his clean up (he's just taken over from J. ) for my layouts :)
So, all in all, it's a good day :D

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
My first freshly-baked loaf of sourdough in a long time this morning.

I greedily ate nearly half the loaf to myself standing, in the kitchen with butter and marmalade from a friend.
Feeling slightly guilty but very content.

Simple pleasures I'm grateful for.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Got some more wood cut for the winter, using my new axe that I bought at the wilderness gathering.

Found some giant grasshoppers in my uncut grass on the front "lawn" that had a No Mow May, June, July, and August. Had a blast catching them like I did as a kid. Luckily the neighbours were at work!!!!

Picking blackberries this afternoon,

My first few home grown purple carrots for dinner tonight.

Fresh wind dried duvet on the bed.

Reduced price (50p) bar of lindt chocolate from the supermarket .

A new second hand cd from the charity shop, that I've been after for a while.

Lobbing my nasty neighbours dog poo back over the garden fence. I do enjoy returning his gifts. :)

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
The temperature has finally dropped (to a mere 27°C) so I was able to get a few things done today. :D.....And ....the old dog has good days & not so good days with his hips, today was a relatively good day. :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE