Teachers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I don't think of polar bears as cuddly... I think of them as the largest land predator, fully capable of pulling a minky whale out of the water.

Last thing I would want to do is cuddle one (No offence Tony :wink: )

Maybe you're a little braver than I am Kim :yikes:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Squidders said:
I don't think of polar bears as cuddly... I think of them as the largest land predator, fully capable of pulling a minky whale out of the water.

Last thing I would want to do is cuddle one (No offence Tony :wink: )

Maybe you're a little braver than I am Kim :yikes:

Very Brave and Very true of heart :wink:

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Grrr, bring it on, I could take him, with my little finger I could... :wink:

He, he, good luck with it all Tony

:biggthump

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I think at this point I should start defending teenagers. It's true a lot of us aren't people you would want your duaghte to bring home (personaly I find the parents want their duaghter to bring me home more then the duaghters do) but the same can be said for a lot of people in gerneral. I think teenagers get grouped togeather more then older people. You don't think all 305 year olds are trouble makers just because a few (infact a huge amount) cuase problems in all sorts of ways. They are in most cases even let loose with large lumps of metal that can go very fast and do a lot of damage.

PS as a side note I think it's very odd that some teenagers are allowed to fight and die for a country yet not allowed to control who it is that sends them to war. they can have children and pay taxes yet not decide who they think is best to affect the education of these children or how the taxes should be spent :mad:
Rant over. I was just thinking how it wouldn't get past the mods to sterio type OAPs in the same way

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Andy said:
You don't think all 305 year olds are trouble makers just because a few (infact a huge amount) cuase problems in all sorts of ways.
Every 305 year old I've come across has been a trouble maker :wink:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Andy said:
I think at this point I should start defending teenagers. It's true a lot of us aren't people you would want your duaghte to bring home (personaly I find the parents want their duaghter to bring me home more then the duaghters do) but the same can be said for a lot of people in gerneral. I think teenagers get grouped togeather more then older people. You don't think all 305 year olds are trouble makers just because a few (infact a huge amount) cuase problems in all sorts of ways. They are in most cases even let loose with large lumps of metal that can go very fast and do a lot of damage.

PS as a side note I think it's very odd that some teenagers are allowed to fight and die for a country yet not allowed to control who it is that sends them to war. they can have children and pay taxes yet not decide who they think is best to affect the education of these children or how the taxes should be spent :mad:
Rant over. I was just thinking how it wouldn't get past the mods to sterio type OAPs in the same way
I remember last day. We were a teacher, a couple girls and a couple of guys in a Red Cross store, to buy some spare clothes for out school comedy. There we're 3 old ladies standing behind the desk and moaning. I could hear them whisper about sticking together and keeping an eye on the boys. :shock: They actually thought we wanted to steal something. :roll: They we're so ridiculous and they stood behind the desk. 3 woman. No one did any work. :wink: That's the problem with oldies today. They think every teenager/kid/youngster is a criminal. I can another story but that's very long. I'll spare that one for another good time. :wink: :D

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
It's true that alot of the older generation think that all youths are mindless thugs and that if they are standing on a street corner they are most definitely about to commit some serious offence. :roll: That always happens when I'm in a shop with friends ( perhaps it's the various sharp implements strapped to my waist that does it :wink: ) it is very tiring. I'm not stereotyping all OAPs but if you look in the letters section of your local paper alot of them will be about how everything going wrong in the town is down to the 'careless, vandalising youths of the day'.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Scott, Andy and Andy, I think you make a good point. Society does tend to demonize kids a lot of the time these days, by blaming everything on them - or failing that their parents. It's a real shame. Most teenagers I know are really cool (and much more together than I was at their age). :super:

But I think rather than pigeon-holing people according to their age you have to see that there are badly behaved people of all ages. And there's a lot of aggression around these days and so a lot of fear. IME little old ladies can often be just as pushy and loud as anyone else (try fighting it out in the greengrocers! :roll:). And likewise, it's not just that they feel defensive towards to teenagers and young people, they react that way to people of all ages. Older people are frequently just as careless about their neighbourhoods and local environment too. Young people are sadly just an easy target for the blame. I think it's important that kids and young people don't take it to heart by believing that they are to blame.

Tony, IME teaching, is a tough profession - not just because of young people, but because often they don't want to be there in the first place. So it takes really creative and dedicated teachers to inspire them! :You_Rock_

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Yeah, lets all gang up on old people! To be honest, we do give a lot more crap than older people. Pretty much everyone I know, my age, drinks, takes drugs and occasionally causes a bit of trouble. So the prejudice is not entirely baseless. However, I am (and so are my friends) a lot more environmentally and socially aware as well as being more tollerant of others than the older generations.

Just my thoughts.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
ditchfield said:
Yeah, lets all gang up on old people! To be honest, we do give a lot more crap than older people. Pretty much everyone I know, my age, drinks, takes drugs and occasionally causes a bit of trouble. So the prejudice is not entirely baseless. However, I am (and so are my friends) a lot more environmentally and socially aware as well as being more tollerant of others than the older generations.

Just my thoughts.
Well, I don't have a problem with older people. It's just that they put all teenagers under one single umbrella, you know. :wink: ! They should only blame the ones that actually hurt them in any way. I know several old people who tells me that we are lazy, fat and idle. :roll: Well, old people, welcome to the future! (not that I am any of that :lol: ) Everything cannot be as in the 30's and 40''s and 50's. :shock:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
TheViking said:
Well, I don't have a problem with older people. It's just that they put all teenagers under one single umbrella, you know. :wink: ! They should only blame the ones that actually hurt them in any way. I know several old people who tells me that we are lazy, fat and idle. :roll: Well, old people, welcome to the future! (not that I am any of that :lol: ) Everything cannot be as in the 30's and 40''s and 50's. :shock:

You're doing exactly the same, in your own way. You're putting all older people under one single umbrella as judging young people.

Just a thought...

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Stew said:
You're doing exactly the same, in your own way. You're putting all older people under one single umbrella as judging young people.

Just a thought...
No. I'm only judging the ones I know myself. :wink: I didn't put the word 'all' (old people) in the sentence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE