Teachers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
How many teachers have we got on the forum? I'm thinking of school rather than bushcraft! Stuff like primary, secondary....Just a question of interest to me :wink:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm a teacher (qualified this year) ...... but i only teach bushcraft in schools, colleges and in the community..... I don't teach anything else ( i could teach math, physics etc... but no one is interested as they have more than enough teachers so bushcraft and wilderness living it is!!! .... best job in the world :biggthump

:)
Ed

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I teach people to not kill themselves with radiation and to not break containment in a containment laboratory. Outbreak was not based on any of my students ( I did it........ )

Realgar

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks Guys, I've started training as Secondary school teacher, I'm in school at the moment, it's huge, 2200 pupils, quite daunting in some ways :eek:):

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
what made you pick that age group?

I did my DofE service in a primary school as I have thought about teaching at some point. I think I may find something odd to do in my youth though

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Secondary school is the scary age - your age group!!! :yikes:

(I'm sure your not scary and very lovely!) Lots of assertive, energetic young adults.

Primary (which is the group I'm interested in working with) are the little uns' from 4 - 11.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Tony...

a secondary school and an assertive bushcraft site... :yikes:

crikey man, there are easier things to do you know?

:wink:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks everyone :lol:

I got laid off of work four months ago, new baby was born the week after and it seemed like a good time for a change so I took the plunge. I've thought about it on and off for years and it was a now or never thing so I now find myself in a Design and Technology department watching kids messing about thinking...'cor, I'd have got caned for that in my day!' Things are definitely different in schools and I sometimes find it hard to really see the improvements, but hey, that's not really an issue for me right now!

I'm starting to get used to being called Sir :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Tony,

I was in the same position a few months ago... but I bottled it :yikes:

Given the nature of most teenagers these days, you have my complete respect!

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Don't get used to being called Sir matey, if any of your pupils end up catching sight of your lovely cuddly avatar, the respect is over!!!!

:eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE