Stuff I might take when going camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I'm about to google to find out what a via ferrata is as i've no idea. It sounds like
a railway - I'm sure I saw a programme recently where the phrase was mentioned...

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Very ressourceful post Jodie !

As I am myself preparing for a camping trip in july, this came in right on time :cool:

The image that comes in my mind when I read "via ferreta" is a saddled race ferret :twak: Very curious what links your mind can come up with when it hears an unknown word/expression :confused: :slap:

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Heh, thank you :eek: :)

Today I bought a stainless steel mug for £1.99 from the hardware shop across
the road from where I work, which was rather convenient. Only 16 days to go!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Well two days to go and I've practised putting up the tent (Eurohike DART, 3-person) in
the garden and left it up overnight to see how it fared. It did fine although it seems to be
an earwig magnet :eek: - they are my least favourite creepy crawlie.

Having done this I can see exactly why the tarps and hammock combo is so popular!

I've shelved the chair idea - the bookies were right, no room in the rucksack and I've
got my arms pencilled in for carrying the tent and the sleeping bag so no spare hands
either.

Jo :)

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Hey Jo, good luck hun. I think I can safely say we are all dying to hear how you get on! :D

When you get back and unpack take a note of the things you used loads and those you didnt even get out of your bag, I promise you'll be amazed how little you actually need.

Have fun!

j

PS Ignore the earwigs, they are actually quite cute if you can teach your brain to look at them a different way!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Thanks everyone!

Pretty much straight after Woodsmoke I'm off to Orkney so if I'm a bit quiet it's just cos
I've nipped off to Scotland, but I'll try and post an update in between :)

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I have to say I disagree, yes you can burn your lips, but there are ways to avoid that!

Plastic mugs are a bugger to clean in the field with a stainless one all you need is some grass it doesn't work with a plastic one, you can't stick one in the embers to heat up your tea or make new tea. :

Why is a plastic cup harder to clean than a stainless one ?

The swedish mil. use them so I think they are better as well.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE