Stuff I might take when going camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
When I say camping I mean that I'm going on the Plantlore course at Woodsmoke and
we're not meant to bring cutting tools as far as I'm aware. I think the cooking might be
a group effort and I'm sure that there will be something sorted out for latrines :)

That's a good website though Zammo.

I'm extremely excited though a tiny bit nervous as it's been a while since I've slept in
anything other than comfortable beds :D

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
I'm extremely excited though a tiny bit nervous as it's been a while since I've slept in
anything other than comfortable beds :D

Just think of it as a music festival without the music, the thousands of other people and the £5 hotdogs and you'll be fine :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
HI Jodie,
I just can't not post this link To*********************** aid you in your attempts to keep your pack free for something useful. :why: :D

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Stainless Mugs - I have burnt lips a few times with them.

Foldable plasticup - better than above and a cool function design.
I use it when teaching design.

Waterproof Notepad - ideal for when navigating - write down bearings and grid refs.

Camp Shower (soldier shower) - really work well and reasonable pressure. Especially left on rocks or a car roof.

Nick

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
Stainless Mugs - I have burnt lips a few times with them.

Foldable plasticup - better than above and a cool function design.
I use it when teaching design.

I have to say I disagree, yes you can burn your lips, but there are ways to avoid that!

Plastic mugs are a bugger to clean in the field with a stainless one all you need is some grass it doesn't work with a plastic one, you can't stick one in the embers to heat up your tea or make new tea. You can even put some noodles in them for dinner (58 type anyway). They are just far more versatile. Ok so they don't look as good, but I for one can live with the shame!! :)

Now, where's my commission....:eek: :lmao:

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
O K burnt lips get a foot ball mouth piece cut one end off put in warm water do not boil or it be goon just till it gets soft. Them mold it on you cup let cool. When you need to use it put on cup after you pore hot water in don't leave on and heat water at same time it melt

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi Jodie,

I'm on the plantlore course too and have recently been on the Axe Workshop with Woodsmoke - top tip is to make sure you will be warm enough at night as we were all freezing two weeks ago. I ended up sleeping in my Swandri wool shirt and i'm pretty sure i wasn't the only one.

Don't worry about cooking as its all sorted by the instructors and you won't need a chair as there are loads of logs to sit on round the fire.

See you soon. :)

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
I got a very cheap stainless steel mug out the local hardware store(2.99 I think).
Its not double walled so you can stick it right on the fire / on your stove to heat water / milk/ tea etc. But yes watch your lips

Pillow is a nice idea if you really have room, I never do:rolleyes: .

I never take a chair, though I know plenty do. When i'm camping with a group I usually recommend getting catering sized buckets. They are about the right height to sit on and provide water tight storage, bakeries are a good source.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Don't worry about cooking as its all sorted by the instructors and you won't need a chair as there are loads of logs to sit on round the fire.

See you soon. :)

Just spotted this :) Thanks for the advice - I am trying to pack for freezing rain and
boiling sun so I've got sunglasses, sunblock and a sunhat alongside woolly jumpers
and an umbrella. Shame I've no excuse to bring a bucket though...

Might bring my gloves and a warm hat for nighttime too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE