Pro Action Sydney One Man Tent

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 4605

I've just acquired (via Freecycle) an as new Pro Action Sydney one man tent. It's complete and in excellent condition. I've quickly pitched (and struck) it in the garden, and it seems OK for a light weight, occasional tent.

However I've not yet found any good reviews of it on the web, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

I'll hasten to point out that I have several decent tents, and this will by no means be my main one. I'm just deciding whether it's worth keeping or if I should give it to my Scouts.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
I've got the same tent :) If your over 6' tall, its gonna be tight inside it. You can get some gear inside as well, but not much. I normally hang a tarp over the top as well, so have somewhere to cook etc.

One thing i do like it the pack size and the weight :)

Not tried it in the rain, so not able to help you there....

I really like mine tho :)

Some more info HERE

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I've got one and the weight and packed size are good. what I prefer though is pitching it under my tarp so I have living space and zipping only the mesh part of the door closed, that way I don't get soaked from condensation and sweat whilst asleep. Its kinda like bivvying without the bugs I suppose! :)

ATB....Stu

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
This is the predecessor the Pro action one man Tiger Paws tent.

I found one of these in a basket for £5 in argos 4yrs ago, so I bought two of them.
I still haven't used the 2nd one.
For extra peace of mind I do set up a tarp over the top of it, but in the summer its great!
I am 6'2" and have no problems with the size, but unfortunately I think they aren't made any more.

I am not sure about your tent but if its as handy as this one then you can't go wrong especially for the price!:D

This particular tent is for sale on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-action-TIGER-PAWS-1-tent_W0QQitemZ270103508821QQcategoryZ36118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• Tent.jpg
    Tent.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 207

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Greg said:
This is the predecessor the Pro action one man Tiger Paws tent.

I found one of these in a basket for £5 in argos 4yrs ago, so I bought two of them.
I still haven't used the 2nd one.
For extra peace of mind I do set up a tarp over the top of it, but in the summer its great!
I am 6'2" and have no problems with the size, but unfortunately I think they aren't made any more.

I am not sure about your tent but if its as handy as this one then you can't go wrong especially for the price!:D

This particular tent is for sale on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-action-TIGER-PAWS-1-tent_W0QQitemZ270103508821QQcategoryZ36118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I never bought one of these, although they are highly regarded by many.

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
After reading this thread i had a look about on the net and found the old argos 1 man tiger paws tent for sale on Amazon for £12.99 so i bought one , the next day when i looked again the price had gone up to £19.99.

It arrived today and looks very good for the price , its small and light around 1/12 kilo easy to put up and in forest green .

Im a happy man.

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Check Amazon out mate they are still selling them there for £19.99 , i read somewhere the tiger paws tent is a copy of the sierra light year tent they sell for over a £100 .

Still a great deal

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Even at £20 they are great value, I let a mate use mine this weekend, not tightly pitched here, but you can see the design

Edit: oops, this is the Tiger Paw clone, not the Sydney tent :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE