South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So far then we have:

Greg
Roly( A Friend of Greg's)
John Fenna
Dougster + his dog
Ogri the Trog (Possibly)
markheolddu
Chris John
Rik_uk3
Luke_uk2
Darren (Friend of Rik)
Nigel
Queeg9000 (Possibly).
JustinTime (Possibly)
Timinwales
Jedadiah
+ Sharon, Jed jnr & the Dogs x2
Red Kite & Lloyd
Cheechako
Dandaman + his other half & dog.
Lee Shanahan
Michelle.

This is turning out to be a mini Summer/Autumn meet:D if everyone turns up that is:rolleyes:
It will be good to finally put some faces to names. I can't wait.
See you all there.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
MINI summer/autumn meet?
IT IS TURNING OUT TO BE HUGE!
And you thought no one would come.....
I should get there about noonish friday - if all goes well!
John

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
OK guys and gals, a general question for you all.

I would like to take photo's of the camp, maybe even a couple of video shots, so if any of you don't want your photo taken or maybe published on the web, please let me know. Ether I won't take photo's of you, or if you like, I can blank out faces, just tell me on the day.

The reason for my photo's is simple really. Months ago, I saw the programme 'Who do you think your are' where celebrities trace back their family. The Ian Hislop show struck a cord with me' Ian said (and showed) his dad as a great photographer/amateur movie maker, but there were so few shots of his dad, just family stuff. Well, being 52 years old, this was food for thought for me, while I have loads of shots of my two fantastic children, I doubt there are more than two dozen of me during their lifetime.

So, from now on, I intend to do something I have always hidden away from,,,,,, have my photo taken when appropriate.

Let me know how you feel

Richard

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Can you aford my modelling fees?
ACTUALLY - although it seems strange no-one has copyright of their ownimage (as it were) and cannot stop anyone taking their picture, which is how the paparatzzi (sp) get away with it.
Of course organizations can ban photography at events, owners ban it on their land etc and you have to be careful about snapping children, how you use the pictures (no defamation etc) otherwise no one can stop you.
Nice to be asked though!
In my case - feel free!
Joh

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorrry to miss you Sally - I have visitted your site and you have some great stuff!

I look forward to seeing everyone else and doing a bit of trading....as well as all the other good stuff.
It will be great to see old faces, putting faces to names practicing skills and learning new stuff.
Less than a week away now!

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Can you aford my modelling fees?
ACTUALLY - although it seems strange no-one has copyright of their ownimage (as it were) and cannot stop anyone taking their picture, which is how the paparatzzi (sp) get away with it.
Of course organizations can ban photography at events, owners ban it on their land etc and you have to be careful about snapping children, how you use the pictures (no defamation etc) otherwise no one can stop you.
Nice to be asked though!
In my case - feel free!
Joh

You can't use an image of a recognisable person, adult or child for advertising or promotional purposes without a model release being signed.

Newspapers are editorial and are allowed to print images without the consent of the person pictured unless there is a court injunction stating that they can't such as court cases or at certain schools for example. With taking photo's of both adults & little 'uns for the local paper, I ask them or parent/guardians first as I need to get names otherwise the paper don't print 'em and if they don't print 'em I don't get paid.

(Paparazzi are slime, they bring the whole profession down. Bloody ambulance chasers)

Editorial images may not be manipulated other than, contrast/brightness, full image sharpness, cropping and colour balance.
The actual content of the image cannot be removed or added so if you have a pic with the subject intersecting with an object in the background (typical tree out of head) it's tough you can't get rid.

For personal employment such as at a party or wedding, no permission is required as long as the images do not get sold to outside advertising or corporate companies.

Stock photography with people in needs two release forms signed, one from the agency itself and a personal one.

If you are taking a photograph of some one in the street that you have asked for a photo of, you still need a release to be signed and you also have to give them something for their time, it can be a quid or a bag of crisps, it has to be worth something, a monetary something.

If you take a photograph of a homeless person the same applies as above, although if I take a photograph of an interesting person I usually buy them a cuppa.

For candid photographs in public it's a whole 'nother ballgame baby.

Oooh, didn't realise what a long post this was.

I don't think I'd start of land and private property, public access and MOD photography laws... :)

--

Ok so basically you don't really have to worry about taking pics of people as long as you don't use them to promote a product or sell them to another.

I think a record of the day and a vid to put on youtube would be lovely.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm looking forward to the meet, as it stands I can come, I know more on Thursday night though, I have a funny feeling that I won't be able to stay the full time though :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cheers for the replies folks, much apprciated. Its a sad sign of the world we live in though when you worry about taking photos of a camping trip, or not being able to photo your children/grandchildren and their friends at the School Christmas play etc, for fear of what others may think your motives are:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE