South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Greg said:
I know its a bit cheeky mate but is there any chance of doing it on the 16 - 18th March.:rolleyes:

Greg, thats Mothering Sunday or something so its doubtful, but try and come on this weekend, if only to visit :) If the site is good, more will follow I'm sure ;)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
rik_uk3 said:
Greg, thats Mothering Sunday or something so its doubtful, but try and come on this weekend, if only to visit :) If the site is good, more will follow I'm sure ;)

I really wish I could but I work shifts and I'm working all of that w/end.
Never mind fella maybe another time. I hope you guys have a good time and give us a report when you get back!:rolleyes:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Greg said:
I know its a bit cheeky mate but is there any chance of doing it on the 16 - 18th March.:rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
rik_uk3 said:

I see you have repeated your previous post rik-uk3 see my response on post 4. Cheers:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Blast!
I am working that weekend!
At least they call it work..taking young people with learning disability canoeing in beautiful West Wales.. but I do get paid so I guess it is work...
I wish I could be on the meet-up with you guys as well though.
Have a good one!
John

L

lukeuk2

i can't turn up for this camp but im hoping to make it to meetups in the further

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Howdy,

could i be a pain and ask what sort of things are planned? See, i'm so new to this i'm still wearing sellophane packaging! :lmao: I'd like to visit with the long haired Colonel and Jnr and see what sort of thing you guys (we?) get up to, maybe pick up a couple of tips?

If it's for seasoned mountain men then dont worry, i'll see if i can catch up at a later date after i've popped my cherry, i wouldnt want to be in anyones way and spoil their weekend, however, if we could just come for a couple of hours and check the situation out, then i would be really appreciative.

We are in the Vale anyway so it's not a million miles away, oh and Happy St Davids day!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nothing planned as such, and anyone is welcome, come along and loose the sellophane :) I think Nigel is bringing friction fire starting stuff

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cheers Rik,

is there a specific area of the site that will be the Bushcraft area or should i just look for gatherings of people near bivvys and parachute shelters? We will probably look at coming over Saturday, the long haired Colonel is looking towards starting as well and we want to introduce Jed Jnr to bushhcraft at an early age, although some might say 11 months is a little early! :D Best wait until he can walk upright before he goes on a quest for fire. Still, thanks for being so welcoming, we will try not to get in the way, looking forward to it! :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Nigel and Rik are a hell of a giggle. I had a weekend with them in January and laughed at Riks tales for hours. I'm sure it will be a relaxed friendly affair and I'm gutted my wife booked a night out with the girls before I got this on the calendar.

I'll be there for the next one for sure.

Have a great time.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
No Problem Ed, how is the job hunt going?
Well it would be fine if the dole office wasnt taking up all my time with job club.... who have admitted they cannot help me.... so.... wasting alot of time reading papers to be honest :(

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE