South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I agree, unfortunatley both google and yahoo while they are updated quite often, tend not to be able to zoom in far.

Flash Earth is great, it can be fun to visit places you have never been like the pyramids or the nasca lines for example.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I agree, unfortunatley both google and yahoo while they are updated quite often, tend not to be able to zoom in far.

Flash Earth is great, it can be fun to visit places you have never been like the pyramids or the nasca lines for example.

It is good, with Google Earth it all depends on which part of the country or world your looking at I have been able to pick out my garden on Google Earth but couldn't on Flash Earth.
Thankyou for the link though I hadn't heard of Flash Earth before today.:rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Here's the email with information for arrival this w/end:

Greg

Thanks for phoning me yesterday.

As you are planning to arrive on Friday morning, I think we shall have ample
time to check the woods out together and organise everything. I've got a
couple of ideas regarding parking arrangements but it's going to be far
easier to show you than try to describe them.

Perhaps you'd be good enough to make sure that all people attending your
gathering drive straight through our yard, past the front of the big barn
and over to the woodland area. I have another large group on the main normal
camping fields and they will be arriving at similar times to your groups and
it's going to be complicated.

As discussed yesterday, it will probably be pitch black here before 8.30pm
so arrival before that would be better. Mobile signal for all networks works
fine in all parts of the woodland as far as I know so long as the phone
isn't too heavily covered up. I'd be grateful if you could try to fix up
some way of meeting people at the woodland gate when they arrive to sort
them out.

Directions to the farm at www.findourfarm.co.uk

If there are any problems, my mobile number is 07970 290124 and you can all
me up to 9pm on that, or anytime if it's a real crisis!

On the positive side, the rain forecast for Friday has now changed to dry on
this mornings weather, and last weekend we did some tree felling and I've
left you all loads of firewood.

See you Friday morning.

Ian
www.glynymulfarm.co.uk

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
It's looking good so far for me to make it on saturday.

I have jobs to do on friday at night so unless I get there for 11pm I don't think I'll be coming on friday :(

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK guys I'll see you all there, lets make it a memorable w/end!:D

Greg
Roly( A Friend of Greg's)
John Fenna
Dougster + his dog
Ogri the Trog
markheolddu
Rik_uk3
Luke_uk2
Darren (Friend of Rik)
Nigel
Queeg9000
JustinTime (Possibly)
Timinwales
Jedadiah
+ Sharon, Jed jnr & the Dogs x2
Red Kite & Lloyd
Cheechako
Dandaman + his other half & dog.
Lee Shanahan
Michelle.
Topknot + other half & kids x2

Drive carefully and have a good journey.:)

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
So sorry for late notice, but I'm unable to come this weekend, Ive got to work Saturday, I need the OT, so i guess work comes before play for me at the moment. its the second meet i've missed now, im cursed. Dan

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Lucky you avoiding my drunken drivel.:eek:

It was nice to meet a great bunch of people, even if I did talk utter tripe - sorry fellas.

I look forward to the Christmas bash - I'll add shaperning stones and stuff for doing leather bits, arrive earlier and leave my beer at home - that was a long and painful drive home.

I look forward to seeing you all again, I laughed a lot and had fun. Thanks.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for organizing this meet Greg - had a belting time and it was great to meet so many new (and old ) faces that before had only been wierd names.
We must do this more often!
I will try and post some of my photos ASAP
John

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Some photos:-
Chafinaction.jpg

Sep16999.jpg

Blowpoker.jpg

OgrisTP.jpg

DaveandStewartatpeacewiththeworld.jpg

HangisonesHeating.jpg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Another good one, cheers again Greg.
Great photos John

Now the admission - I seem to have profited from my excursion up the hill, to the tune of one 10 liter water container - I'm guessing it belongs to Lloyd - so if anyone can get a message to him or get his contact details to me, I'll do what I can to reunite the item with its owner.

As to the camp itself, I know that it is possible to carry all you need for a weekend in a reasonably sized rucksack - it's just that the reasonably sized rucksack in my mental dictionary is exactly the same size as a 4x4 - wierd or what!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Just had to come on and say a big thankyou to everyone at the meet this weekend. Fantastic weekend and really enjoyed meeting everyone and enjoying some, erm, refreshments! Thanks for organising it Greg i hope we can get together again sometime soon. Sharon, Jed, Jack and Alfie really enjoyed themselves and were made to feel right at home, we were all a bit annoyed that it finished and we had to come home!

Thanks again, everyone. Oh and by the way, John Fenna does look like the off spring of an ill advised tryist between Bob Hoskins and Captain Haddock!

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi all,
A good 24 hours, my 2 sons and brother loved it making fires with flint and steel and cooking on a open fire. When it was dark we had a look at the stars ( the Plough,north star ) with no city lights to spoil the view. On the way home we took a detour and went up to the Brecons to see if my sons would like to dance the fan (old memories) but the top was in mist!
More faces to names and a big thanks to Greg.
Topknot.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello guys, Well thanks to all for a brilliant w/end, I had a great time and was really impressed with the turnout (23 in all [inc little Jed - what a star!]), I'm glad to see that everyone else seemed to enjoy it too.
Thanks all for coming and I hope to see you all in the near future. And for those guys that weren't able to make it I hope to meet you another time.
Cheers..:D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just had to come on and say a big thankyou to everyone at the meet this weekend. Fantastic weekend and really enjoyed meeting everyone and enjoying some, erm, refreshments! Thanks for organising it Greg i hope we can get together again sometime soon. Sharon, Jed, Jack and Alfie really enjoyed themselves and were made to feel right at home, we were all a bit annoyed that it finished and we had to come home!

Thanks again, everyone. Oh and by the way, John Fenna does look like the off spring of an ill advised tryist between Bob Hoskins and Captain Haddock!

And I had thought you quite a nice bloke with a great family and nice dogs.......
Now I know you are just another theatre critic!
You utter beast!
I bet little Jed is sleeping well tonight....
See you soon on another meet/moot - all of you!

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi guys

Thanks to Greg for doing the organising on this one. A great weekend and good to be able to put some proper faces to the avatars.

Look forward to the next one.

Ogri

I think the water container belonged to Dave (chechako) but he's not answering his phone. I'll drop him a pm and let him know you've got it.

Stewart

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ogri

I think the water container belonged to Dave (chechako) but he's not answering his phone. I'll drop him a pm and let him know you've got it.

Stewart

Cheers Stewart,
I was worried that it belonged to Lloyd who does not have regular access to the forum - but I'll PM Dave myself as well, just in case.

ATB

Ogri the trog

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Greg thanks for sorting out a great weekend, Had a brill time. i really enjoyed talking to you all.
Thanks for the swaps Jed.
Thanks for the ideas John, Ogri and Queeg.

Mark

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Cheers John, i have to say that my family and i thouroghly enjoyed your company this weekend and you have inspired me toward greater things, i loved that stack handled neck knife of yours and your tip's and tricks came in handy. I hope to be in touch with you shortly.

Funnily enough, Jed had a bit of an off night last night, screaming and crying until all hours; i think he misses you! And the dog's were pining. Did you teach them some tricks when i was not looking? Alfie tried to lick my head last night!

Ogri, good to run into you again, though i fear it may turn out expensive as Sharon and I were very impressed with your Tipi set up. Thanks for the bark as well, that will come in handy. Are you feeling any better?

Dougster, i thought you may have had a couple of beers because your face was all blurry!:D Seriously, you did'nt talk anymore than anyone else (apart from stating that 01 carbon steel was the work of the devil!)

Mark, thanks for the trades, just what i've been after. Hope you got back in time and were not in the dog house!

Redkite, Chechako, Lloyd and 'Little' Lloyd, thanks for that venison, i've never tasted better. You'll have to show me how it's done next time.

Rik, Luke and Nigel, the beans and toilet paper were a nice touch.

Topknot, i'm really sorry i didnt get chance to talk more, but i did not realise it was you until after you'd gone. Glad to hear you enjoyed it more.

Thank you again to all for a fantastic weekend, already looking forward to the next one!:D Top marks Greg, cheers man, i'll let you know when i've done the write up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE