South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Just got to pitch in and say nice one Greg for sorting the list out and all that, i nearly said organizing but some might think that you'll be sorting out activities as well! Thanks mate, looking forward to meeting up with you all (some again) and if this is a regular thing, maybe we should get some dates in advance and maybe take turns setting it up, rather than leave it to Nigel, Rik and Greg, judging by the amount of interest, there should be no shortage! I'll do next May!:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just got to pitch in and say nice one Greg for sorting the list out and all that, i nearly said organizing but some might think that you'll be sorting out activities as well! Thanks mate, looking forward to meeting up with you all (some again) and if this is a regular thing, maybe we should get some dates in advance and maybe take turns setting it up, rather than leave it to Nigel, Rik and Greg, judging by the amount of interest, there should be no shortage! I'll do next May!:D

Thanks Jedadiah, I look forward to meeting you but I couldn't have done it without Rik's help aswell.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi All,

I have spoken to Greg, and if everyone agrees we are planning on having a BBQ for Saturday eve.
So if everyone could bring something with them, sausages, burgers, steak, rabbit, pheasant, etc, etc.

Oh and don’t forget the beers.

ATB
Nigel

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have had a look at where Glyn-y-mul is - we are close to a spectacular walk which goes behind Sgwr dr Yryr (sp?) and if it's a hot day some cracking little waterfalls to leap off. I will be doing this, if anyone would like to join me they are welcome - I will not be leading or setting any activities, nor taking any responsibility for anyone.

Just so we're clear, but it's a fun walk!

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
Hi,

I'm after a little info about the weekend of 14-16th Sept.

Having never been to an organised camp meet up like this before, i'm just after some answers.

Is anyone else bringing thier missus / otherhalf, I'm trying to envolve her into things these days.

Would it be ok to bring my dog along ? (cocker spaniel) tame as tap water (although i may decide not to bring her)

Is there any activities planned or is it just pitch up and do your own thing and mingle at your own leisure ?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have had a look at where Glyn-y-mul is - we are close to a spectacular walk which goes behind Sgwr dr Yryr (sp?) and if it's a hot day some cracking little waterfalls to leap off. I will be doing this, if anyone would like to join me they are welcome - I will not be leading or setting any activities, nor taking any responsibility for anyone.

Just so we're clear, but it's a fun walk!

I look forward to it, I'll bring me shorts!:D

Nice one Nigel I'll make sure I bring some beers...Oh and food of cause!:D

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there..

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi,

I'm after a little info about the weekend of 14-16th Sept.

Having never been to an organised camp meet up like this before, i'm just after some answers.

Is anyone else bringing thier missus / otherhalf, I'm trying to envolve her into things these days.

Would it be ok to bring my dog along ? (cocker spaniel) tame as tap water (although i may decide not to bring her)

Is there any activities planned or is it just pitch up and do your own thing and mingle at your own leisure ?

Hello Dandaman,
Well like you mate its my first time at this site (all the info for the site is on earlier posts on this thread) and its a case of turn up and mingle, feel free to bring your other half, I'll be the one with Greg on his shirt so just come and say hello! Its a proper campsite so when you turn up tell the owners that your with the BCUK group and they will show you where the rest of us are.
Obviously you have to bring your own food etc but other than that your very welcome.
You'll have to go on the camp website as I am not sure about dogs, maybe some else who has been there before can say yes or no. There is a phone number that you can ring.
Anyway ATB and hopefully I'll see you there.:D
Greg

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hey Greg, how you keeping?
Its looking as though I will get a leave pass for this one, but I might leave the Ogri-pod behind and try out our new Bison Tundra 8. I don't think the rest of the tribe are up to coming along and I'll try to get confirmation from Queeg9000 soon as well, we've both had roller-coaster summers and plans could change within moments.
If there are any particular skills that anyone wants to learn, can you let us know before we go, just in case theres any preparation that needs to be done - I can do a bit of bow-drill, rabbit prep (but can't get rabbits at the moment) and possibly other stuff besides.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you again.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.

My ginger friend is coming, and bring your shorts for Saturday - or I believe by the looks of it there will be 'bushcraft' activities on the Saturday - whatever they are.:rolleyes:

Should be great fun, I just hope the weather is OK.

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
Ok thanks, thats that cleared up. I intend coming for the weekend, which includes the missus and the dog, but if weather is ****ty, im not going to go, as you all know Wales are playing Australia on the 15th Sat, so I'd rather be watch the game. Not being a ponce or anything.

Dan

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So far then we have:

Greg
Roly( A Friend of Greg's)
John Fenna
Dougster + his dog
Ogri the Trog (Possibly)
markheolddu
Chris John
Rik_uk3
Luke_uk2
Darren (Friend of Rik)
Nigel
Queeg9000 (Possibly).
JustinTime (Possibly)
Timinwales
Jedadiah
+ Sharon, Jed jnr & the Dogs x2
Red Kite & Lloyd
Cheechako
Dandaman + his other half & dog.
Lee Shanahan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Dogs are not a problem on the site Greg, but remember, other people may be using the site so be careful who you flash your knife at until you know he or she are 'one of us'

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
So far then we have:

Greg
Roly( A Friend of Greg's)
John Fenna
Dougster + his dog
Ogri the Trog (Possibly)
markheolddu
Chris John
Rik_uk3
Luke_uk2
Darren (Friend of Rik)
Nigel
Queeg9000 (Possibly).
JustinTime (Possibly)
Timinwales
Jedadiah
+ Sharon, Jed jnr & the Dogs x2
Red Kite & Lloyd
Cheechako
Dandaman + his wife & dog.
Lee Shanahan

I'm not married and not planning on being in the near future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE