South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Sounds like you all had a fantastic time..... gutted I couldn't make it but september is a busy time for me. Hopefully I should be free for a nov / dec meet though so I'll catch up with you all then.

:D
Ed

L

lukeuk2

i had a great time everyone one were nice people, and i hope to meet them again on another trip.

bye from luke.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Got to add my thanks in here too...

A big thanks to Greg for organising this one, and to Rik_UK3 for recommending the site, it's a cracker, and well worth a revisit soon!

Thanks to Mark for the bow session on Friday night, can't say my head appreciated it as much on Saturday morning, but what a laugh! nice one.

Good to meet a lot of new people again too, and for me especially at the moment, it was a great break from a lot of crap that's going on!

All in all a great time was had by all, plus I got to take my Landy off road for the first time! It's all muddy now, could even be mistaken for a real one!!!:lmao:

Looking forward to doing it again soon..........

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No one can make it on that weekend - they will all be in Newcastle Emlyn watching "Old Mother Hubbard - a Wild West Pantomime" staring B. Hoskins/Cpt. Haddock/John Fenna as "Old Tumbleweed".
So you will be forced to chose another date - how about 24th, 25th, 26th Dec? Everyone is on holiday then.....

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hey everyone, thank you all for a great time, I know I got there a bit late and hung by myself for a while but you all made me feel very welcome :DThank you for the laughs! I had a fab time. It was weird being with others, doing the same things and not thinking I was a looney for enjoying sleeping in the outdoors :) and being a pyro for lighting a fire :naughty:

The stars were amazing, I have never seen them like that, they were so pretty twinkling through the trees :) I wish I could've come earlier and stayed longer... I'm looking forwards to the next one although December is a busy time of year for me so it may result in me not coming - spring and early summer tend to be more forgiving so I'll try to come then :)

I miss my bramble patch, even though I'm covered in scratches and it took half an hour to germoline all of them :D :lol:

:headbang:

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
No one can make it on that weekend - they will all be in Newcastle Emlyn watching "Old Mother Hubbard - a Wild West Pantomime" staring B. Hoskins/Cpt. Haddock/John Fenna as "Old Tumbleweed".
So you will be forced to chose another date - how about 24th, 25th, 26th Dec? Everyone is on holiday then.....

No traffic jams.............

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
That venison was gorgeous, thanks for that as soon as it was mentioned I could taste it again.

How about edging it into January? We'll all be slightly less frantic and someone may have new pics of John in panto!!!

We may get lucky and get a lovely snowy weekend - either way Ogri had the tent for it, maybe he'd let us cuddle in for a cuppa?:eek:

Cheechako

Apr 1, 2007
Bridgend, South Wales.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for a super weekend, it was great meeting everyone and having a beer or two under the stars. Well done to Greg for arranging the meet, I hope the farmer will allow us back again after someone mixed up the recycleable rubbish with the non.....almost a complete disaster!!
The venison was a fab idea from Stewart, and little Lewis's fruit sauce set it off very nicely. Definitely one to try again.....mmmm.
Look forward to the next meetup and will try not to leave my stuff in the back of Pete's 4x4 next time.....
Thanks and all the best,
Dave.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mid month meets can be bad for those of us on monthly pay, best dates seem to be the first week of the month for some?

Didn't stop us this month and I'm on a monthly salary too, but my problem is shift work maybe we should move it to January then. Or you could have one in November but you'll have to count me out as I'm on a course 24-30th.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Didn't stop us this month and I'm on a monthly salary too, but my problem is shift work maybe we should move it to January then. Or you could have one in November but you'll have to count me out as I'm on a course 24-30th.

I'm already booked for Oct and Nov, xmas rules out Dec for me, but early Jan would be good :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE