South Wales meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Ric you are more than welcome to take my pic.I look forwards to meeting you guys. what times are you guys getting there? I really hope to be there early on friday.

mark

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Right guys & girls I have just been in contact with Ian at Glyn-y-Mul Farm, he needs a rough idea of the amount of cars that we will be bringing so he can arrange parking for us so if you could let me know numbers asap I can get this sorted. If of cause you can share lifts with each other it would be better.;)

Also he has told me that the woodland has dried out nicely and says the old oak woodland is looking good for us, he is doing a bit of felling this week so there will be plenty of firewood for us.:D

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi,

I'm after a little info about the weekend of 14-16th Sept.

Having never been to an organised camp meet up like this before, i'm just after some answers.

Is anyone else bringing thier missus / otherhalf, I'm trying to envolve her into things these days.

Would it be ok to bring my dog along ? (cocker spaniel) tame as tap water (although i may decide not to bring her)

Is there any activities planned or is it just pitch up and do your own thing and mingle at your own leisure ?

Well, my Mrs is coming along with Jed Jnr and the dog's, i don't think there will be any organised activities, just muck in and try stuff out. I think Greg's going to try some fish cooking so i'm bringing a red snapper to try some filleting and 'butterfly' cooking. Barbecue on the Saturday night so that's going to be social. We should be turning up on Friday evening so if anyone's going to be there then, we will see you.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I think Rik said bring your own meat (he actually listed many types), i'll probably go for straigt forward sausages etc myself, don't know what the rules are for a-huntin' and a-trappin'.:rolleyes:

As for parking, we'll just be bringing the one car.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello Greg,

looks like myself and Pete (AKA Ogri the the trog) will be there for the meetup, we're both heading in from different parts of the country, so will be in 2 separate cars.

The barbeque sounds good, i'll bring my brazier along, plus a pot bellied bbq, if we can get the cars close to where we're pitching up, then I can bring my cool box with some food in it for the barbeque. I was thinking of the usual sausage, burgers etc, and maybe some kebabs, bit of pineapple always goes down well too!

We'll be camping in Pete's new purchase, which includes central heating!!!

See you there, Friday afternoon.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I don't think we are going to be able to park near the woods, by the looks of it we are going to have to carry our gear in!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Me solo, in my van on friday noonish. Staying as long as you all can put up with me!

As long as you keep us entertained with your songs!:lmao:

I have spoken to Ian again this morning, he says he is going to send me an email which I will forward to everyone via PM reference parking etc for the w/end.
Just tying up loose ends..

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So far then we have:

Greg
Roly( A Friend of Greg's)
John Fenna
Dougster + his dog
Ogri the Trog
markheolddu
Chris John
Rik_uk3
Luke_uk2
Darren (Friend of Rik)
Nigel
Queeg9000
JustinTime (Possibly)
Timinwales
Jedadiah
+ Sharon, Jed jnr & the Dogs x2
Red Kite & Lloyd
Cheechako
Dandaman + his other half & dog.
Lee Shanahan
Michelle.
Topknot + other half & kids x2

Anymore for anymore, Ian at the farm doesn't seem to think half of us will turn up! I hope we prove him wrong.....:cool:
And on that note are there any names on this list that can't attend?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't think we are going to be able to park near the woods, by the looks of it we are going to have to carry our gear in!

Yes, you have to carry it in unless you bring a quad bike with you;) Its downhill, through a couple of gates over a railway track (the only trains using it, carry coal from the Tower washery down into Cardiff)

A couple of photo's to wet your whistle

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Here's a deal Nigel, if your going to be taking lot's of pic's this weekend, i'll do a write up to go with them and wsubmit it as an article for the BCUK magazine. Tony says he'd like some articles about meet up's outting forward so we could do that if your game.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE