Sorry for the down time today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We had the forums offline today because we were trying to restore Nomad after a mistaken deletion of his account, there was a good chance that we would loose any post made by you all so we thought that was best avoided.

We did not manage to restore Nomads account because it would have meant rolling back the DB and losing 36 hours of forum activity.

We're still working on restoring posts etc to Nomad, but the forums should be fine to get on posting etc.

Thanks for your patience
Tony

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
You do a great job taking care of the Forum.
I know it takes long hours and much work to keep it up to the great standards you have..
Thanks for all of your hard work.
Guess it would be proper to say to you. " go and have yourself a ( beverage of your choice), you have certainly earned it!!!"
Jon

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You do a great job taking care of the Forum.
I know it takes long hours and much work to keep it up to the great standards you have..
Thanks for all of your hard work.
Guess it would be proper to say to you. " go and have yourself a ( beverage of your choice), you have certainly earned it!!!"
Jon
^^^what he said^^^

Reactions: zornt

Nomad

Nomad - Maker & FM
Dec 18, 2012
Scotland
It's mostly back, or rebuilt manually into a new account, at any rate.

I've run forums in the past, and have done the same thing (deleted a legit user among a bunch spambot accounts). It's not what you would call a joyous moment (for either the user or the admin). :) Having been there, I do appreciate the efforts that went into rebuilding it.

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
It's mostly back, or rebuilt manually into a new account, at any rate.

I've run forums in the past, and have done the same thing (deleted a legit user among a bunch spambot accounts). It's not what you would call a joyous moment (for either the user or the admin). :) Having been there, I do appreciate the efforts that went into rebuilding it.

Done it myself, I used to run more than a dozen forums. It's quite an achievement to splice together the current view of the forum while restoring a user's post from the previous day and before. As an IT pro I commend your efforts Tony!

Reactions: zornt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE