Some of my Stone age tools and arrowheads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Launditch1 those are fabulous.

Pango, I was always told there's no flint here too and any in Fife was ballast dumped at Rosyth etc. Not been to Largo Bay in many years will need to fix that and have a mooch.

About 2002 I delivered a cold buffet (I was a Chef) to a retired Gent's flat in Craigleith in Edinburgh. His scattered family were travelling from all over the Globe for a reunion and the purvey was part of it. As I'm a bit of a blether, we got blethering as you do and he explained he'd spent many years abroad, mostly in Argentina and was pointing out the cultural mementoes he had collected from his travels and the story behind them.

Then he mentioned he had some flint arrowheads, I'd never seen one so I was ushered into the study. Some? He had hundreds, and I mean hundreds, displayed alongside flint "knives" and scrapers etc, all housed in glass cabinets like a Victorian museum's insect display. He'd collect them when walking in the Pampas around his Estancia (farm) and said they literally littered the ground there. As there were so many they raised no special merit amongst folk in the area but as a history and geology buff he collected them.

It was an amazing collection and a thoroughly entertaining tale of one man's adventures.

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE