small billy can

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i am after a very small billy can type of thing to go into a grab bag, something the size of a coffee mug but in metal that i can hang over a fire to boil water for a brew, then drink out of it.

i use a small SS coffee container for my hobo stove and something like that would be good but to big, thought about a crusader mug but wrong size and shape.

could a tin can be used if cleaned and modified? i think most have some sort or linings now???

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have an esbit stove exctly the same as the Meta 42 holds just over a mugs worth of water and it all stores inside itself, I think they can be found on ebay, heres a pic,
meta20guide.jpg

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
its just the water contanier i am after as i will light a fire, if i know i will need a stove i have a few i can pack kinder of looking for more metal cup/can i can drink from and heat in , but very nice looking set , thanks

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
How come I can't buy one of those online?
The Hi Gear Collapsible Mug, yes (its a quid more)
and the Gelert Standard 275ml Camping Mug, yes (its a quid less)
But they won't sell me one unless I travel to Norwich :(

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
How about a folding mug, carried inside your existing bily can?

I have a few of these ...
IMG_2171JPG.jpg

...packed inside my various sets. I've had some of them for about 3 years now with no sign of breaking at the fold.

You can pick them up off Ebay for less than £2 each.

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How about a folding mug, carried inside your existing bily can?

I have a few of these ...
IMG_2171JPG.jpg

...packed inside my various sets. I've had some of them for about 3 years now with no sign of breaking at the fold.

You can pick them up off Ebay for less than £2 each.

Simon

The big daddy version is a beast if you can find one

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Just back from a few days on Exmoor and reading this reminded me how good the Swedish folding mug is
In my non scientific tests I find it keeps the liquid hotter longer than a metal mug and it doesn't burn your lip
I think the large metal mug with folding handles and folding mug combo is ideal for a grab bag

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE