Sad news at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If anyone wondered what the police were doing at the Moot at Sunday lunchtime, they had come to tell me that my mother had died on Saturday evening, hence my sudden departure from the site.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to see some of the people I had hoped to see, or to say any proper goodbyes, and sorry that I missed Sandsnakes' talk on the hunter gatherer diet (if anyone did attend this, I'd be interested to hear about it).

This is the end of an era in our family, as my mother was the last of the four parents /parents-in-law, all of whom have been lost in a period of less that five years.

I'd like to thank Shelley and Toddy for their support, but particular thanks to Buckshot for his help in getting myself together, both mentally and physically, for my journey back home.

I hope that next year's Moot will be a better one for me.

All the best

Geoff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm very sorry to hear about that Geoff, it is something I am yet to go through and I dread it. I hope you can remember her life and happy times and try not to dwell on your loss, I'm sure she would not want you to suffer over this. Keep your chin up, and remember the good times.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I had no idea something so sad had happened at the moot. you have my sympathies as Im sure you have everybody elses. I guess its the news everybody dreads.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Me too.

My Mother died many years back. it was very unexpected and sudden.

My father re married and she died mid Jan...Im keeping a close eye on my dad but its not easy when I only see him every fortnight.

Hes got plenty of support in the village, and is busy helping others.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
So sorry Toadflax.

To quote an old arabic saying 'I grieve for your grief my friend'.

You need any thing just whistle.

Sandsnakes

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Very sorry to hear this Geoff. I dont find words mean all that much on these occassions, but I hope you are left with happy memories.

H

He' s left the building

There is never a good time to receive this sort of news, my condolences Geoff on your bereavement.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Toadflax,

Sorry to hear of your loss, they say we grieve at being left behind, if so then you just have to keep that person in your heart and they're still here.

GB.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
So sorry Geoff... I'm very glad to have met you in the short time you were there, and I hope you and your family manage to find something to smile about in your memories of her at such a sad time... Condolences x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE