The Police have recovered the bodies of the four lads who went missing on Sunday.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The lads 'went camping' in Eryri, Snowdonia, and had been missing since Sunday.
The Police have found their bodies in a car that was partially submerged.

It could have been any of our youngsters out there. We did it ourselves, went off with friends to camp, and we didn't have mobile phones back then. Our parents just hoped we were fine, and were relieved to have us home again.

I know I'm not alone in hoping they'd just turned the phones off, or found themselves somewhere with no service, and were enjoying their camping totally unaware of the search for them. But this though, this is no teenage lark, this is the sorest outcome.

Heartfelt sympathies for their families and friends, and for all those who searched for them too.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
There aren’t words are there? You have to let young eagles fly. Where they fly is beyond your control.
Very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
For some reason this has really touched us; Shrewsbury is half an hour from us and where they were camping is old stomping ground. I just don't have the words to express my sympathy to their family and friends deeply enough.

Reactions: Big Si and Toddy

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I was hoping it would not end like this, car accident as well. It is very easy to come off those roads if it is a bit slippery, I can tell you from experience.

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
My heart is on the ground, such fine-looking lads... as above, it could have been me years ago, and in a very few years it could be any of my own children. But what else can you do but let them go free? Bit more of a hug for them tonight though... :(

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I’ve driven that road may a time and used to call into Mr Jones’ cafe for a brew as well as climbing the crag.

Pretty unfortunate. I soon as I heard it on the news I thought four youngsters and no social media posts for more than a day, even with patchy coverage, is an alarm bell.

I imagine the Police would have checked the local car parks used for walking pretty quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE