Ray Mears' Tracks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Just watched tonights episode, great stuff. This series needs to be released on DVD, or indeed Mr Mears needs to make a new series entirely on practical bushcraft skills within the UK :rolleyes:

WAKE UP RAY!!! Give the public (well us) what it wants.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Watched it late last night as well so disappointed it was so short. I agree they have just got to do this on DVD skill after skill being shown.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I caught the last five minutes(half) last night, and it was pretty good, I think it is not as entertaining as his newer stuff but it is more informative, excellent for the likes of us who go out and try things but not as popular with non knife wielding pyromaniacs!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I have, and I'm recording them onto dvd to complete my Mears Collection. :nana:

ps, who was that cheeky young beardy chap presenting Tracks then? It's great to watch his early stuff and compare it with the new. You can see his confidence in presenting grow, even though he is a natural it must be said, and also his confidence in his own skills grow and develop.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
P7perfect said:
Just watched tonights episode, great stuff. This series needs to be released on DVD, or indeed Mr Mears needs to make a new series entirely on practical bushcraft skills within the UK :rolleyes:

WAKE UP RAY!!! Give the public (well us) what it wants.

I wrote to his company ealier in the year with just this suggestion.
They replied that Ray was filming in 2006 a new series to be aired in 2007 and that I would not be disappointed - whatever that means! To be fair I'd probably not be disappointed with anything he filmed :0)

Fred

Apr 29, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello!

I have the original factsheets to the TRACKS on BBC from 18 May 1994 to 20 July 1994. These have descriptions of what Ray discussed - only 5 minute bits - but these are what grabbed my attention. I wish I'd been doing this 100% since then, but hey, I was stoned...

I'll scan them & upload once I figure it out.

I'm better now....and am spending more time focussed on the Green.

I've some on VHS but haven't watched for ages.

Good to come aboard, although dialup's slow I'll try to stay afloat on these BBs!

Fred

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Bad news people,

There are a few threads around this site with the same idea that both TRACKS and WORLD OF SURVIVAL need to be released on DVD. They suggested that we all send letters to the commissioning editor of the BBC with this very idea.

Myself and few others have done this and i recieved this exact reply a few days ago.

"Dear Mr Hainsworth

Many thanks for your letter dated 21st April 2006, and please accept my apologies for the tardy response.

I'm afraid there are currently no plans to release TRACKS or WORLD OF SURVIVAL on DVD. Many thanks for bringing the titles to my attention, and rest assured i will investigate a possible future release.

In the meantime, i hope you continue to enjoy our output.

Your sincerly

DANIEL HALL

Commissioning Editor"

Bummer :(

Although the optomist in me says at least it wasn't a definate NO!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE