Possible meet: Forest Camp, Sandiway, Cheshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Bare with me here, I'm pondering organising a meet at Forest Camp for sometime in the future, am to dates, how many would be interested? It's located between Warrington, Tarporley and Northwich with motorway links to the M6 and M56 relatively nearby, there is also a train station near by (Cuddington).

It's a Scout campsite with a variety of on-site activities (and a lake) so would give those that like to float, shoot and trek a variety of things to do, any on-site activities would need to be booked which would then be split and added to the base cost.

The cost PP/PN is £5.50 for camping, activities would be dependant on numbers, they would be a case of BYOK (bring your own kit) with only the facilities being provided. The Archery and Shooting are listed at £30 per session however if there is enough interest I'll see if anything can be done to reduce cost (lend-a-hand with site maintenance or something).

Would there be any interest in this? You'll need to forgive my disorganisation, the whole idea came to me last night, any advice for organising would be welcomed.

Possible interested parties:
Lister - TSA
salan
plastic-ninja - Canoe
welchyd1 - Air rifle
SimonM - Canoe/Archery TSA
dwardo
Bodge - TSA
Cliv
Hastor - TSA
Wayland
Gray
markie*markO
mentalnurse
BJJJ
noonan79
Spikey DaPikey
crow-man
red fox
Jim_aramis
Elen Sentier

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
We could be interested , work permitting.It's not too far away.
Is it ok to have a fire ; either a group campfire, or a smaller cooking fire?
I like the idea of the lake on site. :canoe:
Cheers , Simon

Availability: I'm fairly flexible apart from weekends so will try to go with the flow.

Last edited:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
We could be interested , work permitting.It's not too far away.
Is it ok to have a fire ; either a group campfire, or a smaller cooking fire?
I like the idea of the lake on site. :canoe:
Cheers , Simon

They have communal camp-fire areas and portable altar fires so both could be accommodated.

If out of those that would be interested, there are members of TSA, let me know as that may help bring the costs down.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I would definitely be interested. I used to camp there two or three times a year when I was a scout.

I could bring my air rifle to use and wouldn't mind having a go at archery.

Last edited:

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Date dependant, count me in...Im a member of TSA, DESL in East Lancashire.

EDIT:
I may bring a canoe
I hold full GNAS archery leader qual so can instruct archery. I have a couple of bows I can bring
I'm a Scout air rifle instructor but have no gear of my own.
Simon

Last edited:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Added interested parties to the first post. If you want to chuck dates at me, i can check with the site as to whether it's avaliable, i don't want to clash with other meets.

Those that have expressed an interest already, could you possibly amend your posts to state whether you'd wish to bring/use a kayak/canoe, air-rifle, bow/arrow etc as this will help with working out costings.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I would definitely bring the canoe but may need 3 or 4 galley slaves to help paddle the beast if Junior doesn't come.
'Tis a massive Grumman canadian which can take 6 adults + gear.We have two air rifles I'd be glad to bring and share.
If I can get my setup sorted we could have fresh bread too!
I'd love to have a go at archery ; I have only had the odd shot so far but love the idea of shooting longbow.
We might be still members of TSA , I'll check.
Cheers , Simon

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Definitely interested.

Have seen the place before I think and it's a great site.

If I'm right it's the site we used to refer to as Delamere.

Quite possible Wayland as Delamere isn't far away at all, The White Gate Way (Cheshire's Abandoned Railway) runs around the side of the campsite.

Ok so we've got roughly 10 people interested so far, will fire off an email to the campsite and find out what their current calendar openings are, if anyone knows dates of existing meets (or knows of a thread with them all consolidated) could they either PM me with them or post them in here so I don't tread on anyones toes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE