Possible meet: Forest Camp, Sandiway, Cheshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
That currently puts us on 16, am waiting to hear from the campsites as to avaliability, as soon as i get word back from them, then we can look at some dates, I'm overwhelmed by the interest, just hope I can make it happen for you all.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
I will be up for this depending on dates i used to go near their for summer hols when a kid and my fathers just told me we still own some land out that way too which was new to me ,but he was a bit vague on the phone will have to go and see him, their might be some woodland .Also i know red fox will be up for it to ,again depending on dates.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I think i've hit my first snag, currently in talks with the booking team, they're saying that attendees need to be CRB checked as the site will be in active use by other scout groups, now i know the TSA members will be CRB'd but I'm assume others aren't CRB'd, I'm trying to find out if the site can be used outside of "scout season" but I'm thinking not, if anyone has done bushcraft meet-ups on scout campsites, any advice you can give?

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Hi Mate,

Pretty sure the groups ok if there are no Scouts onsite but 1/2 the problem is groups can turn up with very little notice.

Giants Seat - North Manchester

and

Bispam Hall - Wigan

Are both also local Scout Centres that accept groups if no Scouts are booked on.

Both also allow fires/tarps etc ...

May be worth comparing all 3 to see when they are quiet?

Dan.

noonan79

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2012
cheshire
Gutted! But can understand were they are coming from. I don't think that scout camp site has an out of season, I used to fish a lake a stones throw away from it and the scouts were always going for late night walks around the lake we were fishing all year around.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Got a reply from that and proving we pick a time during term-time (mostly weekdays!), the CRBs shouldn't be an issue although any allocation would look to be last minute, if you want to start giving me dates you guys can make i'll give them to the bookings team and see what they can give us.

If you can put your availability in your original posts, that'll keep the thread nice and tidy.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I think i've hit my first snag, currently in talks with the booking team, they're saying that attendees need to be CRB checked as the site will be in active use by other scout groups, now i know the TSA members will be CRB'd but I'm assume others aren't CRB'd, I'm trying to find out if the site can be used outside of "scout season" but I'm thinking not, if anyone has done bushcraft meet-ups on scout campsites, any advice you can give?

This isn't actually true...just an excuse that some Scout sites use to keep non Scouts off their site.

It may well be written into the site rules, but it isn't there as part of a national policy from either Scouts or CRB.

Simon

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I've just seen this - a bit slow! I'm interested and can do weekdays. would you put my name on the list too please? do you mean Delamere Forest?

It might end up being Delamere Forest, am still waiting for the campsite to get back to me with dates that the site is totally empty, if i don't get anything back in a few weeks, i'll look at using the forest but if memory serves me right it's either National Trust or Foresty Commission which would rule out overnight camping......i think.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It might end up being Delamere Forest, am still waiting for the campsite to get back to me with dates that the site is totally empty, if i don't get anything back in a few weeks, i'll look at using the forest but if memory serves me right it's either National Trust or Foresty Commission which would rule out overnight camping......i think.

eh oop! I lives in hope :). Good luck with the negotiations.

Leeoulton

Mar 2, 2013
Cheshire
Hi all, I have only joined the forum today so thanks for having me. I am very local and know the area well. I would love to get involved with a camp. I am pretty new to it all though so not sure if I'm up to the right levels needed?

I will introduce myself in the intro and welcomes section,

Thanks, Lee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE