Planes, Trains and Toboggans - Jokkmokk 2013 - Sub Zero Trip Report

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
Returning to the room at our hotel gave us further opportunity to ignore the elephant in the room which we eventually decided to photograph so that we could ignore it some more at our leisure.

Priceless, and absolutely true, dam things kept following us.

It gets much much better folks.. Many thanks to Wayland who's great photography and story telling far outshines mine.

Thanks Twodogs that was the pinnacle of my photographic prowess contained in that single imagine (Wayland did in fact set the camera up (his), and all i did was in-fact point and click) , which I'm sure Wayland has performed his brand of imaginer magick on to save me embarrassment. I might add that under Wayland's excellent tuition my photo's improved 100%, still poor, but now only by a bit :cool:, you would think someone spend as much time out of doors as me should be able to take a half decent piccie, but alas this form of techo-magick still eludes me

Last edited:

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Like many on this site, to judge from the above comments, I really look forward to your trip reports and am never disappointed. Many thanks.

I found the museum part particularly interesting as everday artifacts used by ordinary people and their EDC seem to me to be of greater interest than the high value items of "kings and princes" more commonly displayed.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Thanks for taking the time to share this; reading it was almost like being there.

Have you considered travel writing?

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
This is a superb read and great photos to go with it , talking to riam a great time was had by all and a safe time that goes with good prep look forward to the rest cheers gary.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The mitten liners I am using for this project are the Hestra primaloft ones which are very warm but need a durable shell really.

I'm unlikely to be using then for any heavy work I have heavier mitts for that so they're most likely to be used sitting around the fire in the evening or when I'm waiting for the world to change with my camera.

Thin leather should be great for that job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE