Parang and Parang XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi just to let you know i still want the xl let me know when you want payment regards dave

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
ps i am going to moot if they will be there could collect if they are available regards dave

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Ged,
Would it not be easier to provide us all with a specific code or reference number (privately) that you personally arrange with Bruce at Hennies, this code or reference number would then qualify us all for the quoted prices. When they then arrive at Hennies, you let us know, each of us can then get in touch and pay them directly via the various payment methods they have in place, one of which is pay pal. It doesn't seem to make much sence you receive everything and then post out individually, when Hennies do this on a daily basis and have the resources to do so.

I can see this GB getting quite stressful to you, and to be honest I did one on British Blades on 30+ Martindale Parangs and that was an absolute nightmare.

If I'm making this even worse than it's looking already then please ignore me and I'll go with whatever the majority goes with.

Andy.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Hi Ged,

I am more than happy to pay the Pay Pal fees. I would really hate us to miss out on this, especially as they close for August. Would be nice to have them for the Moot! My friend would like to add an extra 6 inches to his collection! So I would like to add a 6” Parang including survival kit, if that’s ok?

If it has to be cheque that’s fine, I can send first thing Monday morning. :)

Cheers for now.

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hi all,

Sorry I've been out of touch for a couple of days. I've been sorting out some problems at a farm in north Derbyshire, and when the cows need to be milked everything else has to wait! On top of that my Internet service went AWL on Saturday and it's only come back in the last couple of hours.

Thanks to those of you that worried about this group buy being stressful, but I can assure you that compared to the milking parlour it's been a walk in the park!

Interesting suggestion that Heinnie might be prepared to ship out the goods directly. The problem I see is that they wouldn't be getting this many in stock, so they'd be placing orders as and when they received payments. There'd be extra shipping charges for example and it would be a lot more work for them. It wasn't the basis of the negotiation. I'll ask Bruce what he thinks about it anyway but I think he's quite likely to say that the goalposts can't be moved at this stage.

It seems most people want to pay by Paypal and to cover Paypal's fees. That seems to defeat part of the objective of the group buy but as I said I can live with it.

The biggest problem I have with the group buy right now is the forum software. I'll PM Tony now to see if he can fix it so that I can send PMs to more than one person at a time.

The list:

Note: All 6" parangs will be supplied including survival kit unless otherwise noted.

Both
====
Atross (No survival kit on 6")
Bizmarty (Two Off XL, One off 6")
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Ph34r
Pignut
Smallholder

Possible
========
Crushthesystem
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Trackerman
Widu13

Last edited:

ged

Jul 16, 2009
The list:

Note: All 6" parangs will be supplied including survival kit unless otherwise noted.

Both
====
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
Adriatikfan
AndyP
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Ph34r
Pignut
Smallholder

Possible
========
Crushthesystem
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Trackerman
Widu13

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
The list:

Both
====
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
Adriatikfan
AndyP
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Ph34r
Pignut
Smallholder

Possible
========
Crushthesystem
Mike8472
Trackerman
Widu13

:( My car gone and got sick so need to pull out

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In view of the tight deadline -- i.e. today -- I've just placed an order with Heinnie.

The list:

Both
====
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
5.10leader
Adriatikfan
AndyP
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Ph34r
Pignut
Smallholder

As you can see those who have only expressed possible interest have been removed from the list but if you're quick there might still be a chance of getting in. At the moment I make it nineteen XL and four 6" with one of the 6" to supplied without survival kit. Please check my arithmetic and shout if you don't agree.

I've asked Heinnie to send me a pro-forma invoice which I will pay by return so that they can place the order with the manufacturer immediately. I have made time of the essence so if the goods are not delivered to me by 30 July 2010 the contract will be void.

I will still be asking for payment by cheque where possible, but we'll have plenty of time to sort all that out in the meantime.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Please refer to message number 71 in this thread. We are now working with option 2.

For the avoidance of doubt, that means that I have ordered a job lot of parangs from Heinnie, I will pay Heinnie for them, and then I will attempt to get you to pay me. :)

In my order to Heinnie I asked for the weight of the items so that I can calculate the shipping costs. When I get an answer on that I will be able to let everyone know the exact costs of the items to be shipped to them including carriage. For those of you overseas, I expect that the substantial discount on the price offered by Heinnie to those in the group buy would be significantly greater than the shipping cost from England but I will know if I'm right when I get the weights that I've asked for. Bear in mind that the weights that you may have seen quoted will exclude individual packaging. When the items are sold over the counter they will most likely be packaged in boxes and it is the packaged weight that I need.

In order to send payment information to all in the group buy I need to be able to send a private message to all. Unfortunately the site software won't let me do that, and I'm not about to send two dozen individual private messages every time I want to send the same communication to each one of you, it would be both time consuming and error prone. I've asked Tony if he can fix things but I haven't had a reply. His most recent post seems to have been July 9th, so I'm guessing that he's on holiday or something. As far as forum is concerned, I think all I can do now is wait.

There are alternatives to using the forum, for example we could use email. Unfortunately not everyone in the group seems to be responding to requests so I don't know if it will work any better than sending individual PMs. For the moment I would prefer to stick with the forum as a means of communication if at all possible.

PLEASE DO NOT start hammering my private messages inbox because it will very rapidly fill up and start refusing messages from everyone else. IF YOU NEED TO GET A MESSAGE TO ME ABOUT THE GROUP BUY PLEASE POST A MESSAGE IN THIS THREAD -- but obviously don't put any sensitive information on there. :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
If anyone missed out on the possibles list and would like my XL I can pass, otherwise I'm ready to go.

To be clear: If someone really wants it and they are on that list then I will stand aside. If not, I will buy it.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ged you are a superstar.

Agreed!!! I'm not after another sharpy , but as your mr flash-cash I am eyeing up a small banana republic for a coup d'état and wonder if you could bank roll it for me?

Large ( relative ) risk on your part - mucho Kudos.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE