Parang and Parang XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I have to say, A big thank you is due for organising this - especially taking the risk. Now I have been paid, I caanot wait for Tony to fix the site / Hennie to get back to you so that I can get my cheque off. I'm looking forward to seeing the Xl in the flesh, and testing out its ability on my expedit. later this year.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Sorry if I've been quiet again, that's partly because I've been trying to catch up on everything I had to let go while I was fighting fires for a week and partly because there's little to report.

Thanks all for the kind words, but please bear in mind that I'm doing this kind of thing every day on a much bigger scale in my business. So even if it seems a bit out of the ordinary it really isn't. Well, except that in my business I make a margin, which tends to offset the risk. :) As for banana republics, I'd have thought with the numbers of serving and ex military people here we wouldn't need to pay cash, we could just pick one and walk away with it...
:pirate:

Bruce tells me he placed Heinnie's order with the factory the same day I placed the order with him. If he's sent me the invoice I asked for it hasn't reached me yet, but nobody cares about that except possibly Bruce. I imagine he did a credit check before accepting my order. He hasn't yet let me know the weights I've asked for to calculate the postage charges so I'm still unable to give you exact figures.

It seems my Paypal account has a limit on it which is far below the amount which will be needed to cover this group buy. That will be because I don't use it. I'm very comfortable with that and I don't especially want to raise the limit because that keeps the risk lower. So I'll be able to accept Paypal payments from a few of you, for example where you're overseas without a cheque book, but I'll still be asking for cheques from the majority when the time comes that I know how much to ask for.

Tony has replied to me about sending PMs to multiple recipients. Basically the answer is I won't be able to do it. Nobody will. IMHO that's a reall pain in the nether regioins for people doing group buys so over the next few days I'll try to find the time look into some alternatives. There are several that spring to mind, where there's a will there's a way.

For the time being we're just waiting for some goodies from Italy. I'll let you know if anything actually happens of course. When I've figured out how to manage these group buys without the, er, help of the forum I'll post details.

Cheers,

Ged.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ged i still want the xl perang just let me know on new posts when you want us to pay regards dave

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
how much was the 6incher in pounds sterling? if there is another bulk order then id def like to know about it... would be SOOO handy for work!

ged

Jul 16, 2009
how much was the 6incher in pounds sterling? if there is another bulk order then id def like to know about it... would be SOOO handy for work!

I can probably get you one on this order -- shall I ask Heinnie to add one?

Would you want it with or without the survival kit? Prices excluding carriage are here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58634&p=713982#post713982

I don't yet have the shipping weights (I have asked) so I can't tell you what the carriage costs will be. I guess not more than a few pounds.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Hi all,

Sorry I've been quiet again, as you know I've been busy -- some of that has been down to the group buy. :)

Heinnie finally sent an invoice last Tuesday which I paid by cheque on Wednesday. Bruce tells me that the parangs have now arrived. It's up to Heinnie when they're comfortable shipping the goods to me as they've never dealt with me before.

So that I can send a message to all of you at once I've set up a temporary forum which will let me do that. Adriatikfan has very kindly tested it today and it seems to work well enough for our purposes. Please visit this site

http://www2.jubileegroup.co.uk:9811/cgi-bin/mwf/forum.pl

and register with your BushcraftUK user id. Please then send me a private message on that site giving me the name and address for delivery and confirming that you are legally entitled to purchase the items. This is not a secure site so please do not use it for sensitive information such as credit card or bank account details.

I will then be able to send you payment details when I have them. Apart from your addresses for delivery, the main thing I still need to know is the shipping weights so that I can calculate the postage costs. I think I'll probably end up weighing them myself when they get here.

When the group buy is completed the temporary forum will cease to exist.

Cheers,

Ged.

PS: Adriatikfan: you have a PM on the temporary site.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
I've joined and logged on, but there is nothing there.

Well no, there's not a lot, but not quite nothing. :)

When you log in, you should see the heading "Parang Group Buy".

Under that there should be a line with five links:

Forum Messages Profile Options Logout

Click on "Messages" and on the next page click on "Send".

Enter my user name "ged" in the box for the recipient.

Cheers,

Ged.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well no, there's not a lot, but not quite nothing. :)

When you log in, you should see the heading "Parang Group Buy".

Under that there should be a line with five links:

Forum Messages Profile Options Logout

Click on "Messages" and on the next page click on "Send".

Enter my user name "ged" in the box for the recipient.

Cheers,

Ged.

Don't see any of that through the link you provided. Pepperanas link worked better though and I've used that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE