Parang and Parang XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I would like a 6" but i fear the price would be too high. I'd like to know the price before I commit myself fully
I think I am half magpie as i am addicted to shiney things

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
The list so far:

Both
====
Ged
Atross

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty
Claudiasboris
Crushthesystem (Or 6" -- TBC)
Dave53
JonathanD (Two, and a small one?)
Korvin Karbon (TBC)
Pepperana (TBC)
Pignut
Smallholder

6"
=====
Ph34r

TBA
=====
Shambling Shaman

Possible
========

Mike8472
Mitch66
Widu13

I sopke with Bruce of Heinnie at lunchtime. He doesn't have prices for us yet. I think I confused him a bit because I was talking about the Euro prices we've seen from Alfredo so watch this space. They don't have any stock, although FKMD have stock in Italy. Reading between the lines I think they wouldn't normally have enough stock for this order anyway, and he said that orders from FKMD usually take a week or two. The factory shuts down for two weeks in August so we might want to try to avoid having a pending order straddling the break.

I asked him about the steel on the 6" parang and he said it's a "good and tough" steel which a lot of the Italian makers are using and some of the German ones are just now starting to use.

Like Widu13 I think the survival tin thing is likely to be surplus to requirements in many cases so I also asked Bruce what he thought were the chances of getting the 6" parang with a plain sheath and none of the survival-kit extras. He said that most likely the manufacturer was set up to provide a product as advertised so he didn't hold out much hope but he'd ask. TBH he didn't seem too familiar with the product but given the large number of products that they advertise that's no great surprise to me.

Jonathan, I'll see if Heinnie can get a pair of those criss-cross holster things so we can call you "Two Prang Jon". Nothing to do with your propensity for RTAs of course. You might even be able to fit a small one in your hat for emergencies like English Bob did with his thirty-two. Do you want them silver plated? :)

Everybody: Please check the list to make sure I haven't made any mistakes in there, it's getting to be a bit of a handful. :)

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Just spoke with FKMD for future projects, I also warning them about your requests at Heinnie. They will do what possible to help ;-)

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Both
====
Ged
Atross

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty
Claudiasboris
Dave53
Korvin Karbon (TBC)
Pepperana (TBC)
Pignut
Smallholder

6"
=====
Ph34r

Possible
========

Mike8472
Mitch66
Widu13
Shambling Shaman

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
List update:

Both
====
Atross
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty
Dave53
Korvin Karbon (TBC)
Muddyhands
Pepperana (TBC)
Pignut
Smallholder

6"
=====
Ph34r

Possible
========
Mike8472
Mitch66
Shambling Shaman
Widu13

I've now received the quote from Heinnie-Haynes. Bruce has asked me to mention that these reduced prices are specially negotiated for this group buy only. It will be possible to take the 6" parang without the survival kit at a price which is further reduced. In addition to these prices there will be a carriage charge to ship the consignment to me, and further charges if I need to send the items onward. We may be able to meet up at moots, or pass them from one to another somehow of course to save that cost. I won't know exactly how much the shipment from Heinnie will cost until we know exactly what will be in the order and so get an estimate of the weight, but I'm guessing of the order of twenty-five pounds to ship about 25kg to me so I guess very roughly one pound for each item.

To try to avoid the factory shutdown in Italy I'm going to put a closing date on this group buy quite soon, I'll ask Bruce if he can find out exactly when the shutdown will be so I can aim better.

Well enough of the administration, eyes down look in -- these prices are British pounds:

Parang including survival kit 102.00
Parang excluding survival Kit 84.00
Parang XL 52.00

Thanks all for your patience!

PS: Muddyhands -- I lost my cherry quite a while ago, sorry. :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm going to forgoe the smaller parang, but definately going to take two XLs.

Well done Ged for sorting this, it's a result that they'll do the smaller one without the kit.

Cheers dude.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Here you go...

dscf7936.jpg

dscf7943.jpg

dscf7944p.jpg

[video=youtube;QRzPkRME16c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRzPkRME16c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE