Parang and Parang XL.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Both
====
Atross
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty (Two Off)
Crushthesystem (Or 6" -- TBC)
Dave53
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Pignut
Smallholder
Dougster

6"
=====
Ph34r

Possible
========
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Widu13

Many thanks in advance.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Just a quick update. Nothing to report from Heinnie and I've had a nasty attack of work which is going to keep me fairly busy for a few days. Don't be worried if I'm quiet. As soon as I get the factory shutdown dates from Bruce I'll post a closing date for the group buy. Then I'll send PMs to all on the list who have confirmed giving you payment details, and I'll need you all to pay promptly so that I can get the order to Heinnie with a minimum of delay to try to avoid the factory shutdown. Time is getting tight, I've emailed Bruce with the current list and to remind him we're waiting for the dates.

FROM NOW ON PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS LIST.

I've seen people do that in other threads and accidentally make unintended changes. It's very time-consuming to make sure that nothing has changed that should not have been changed. If you want to be added or removed or change your order or whatever, simply post a message in the thread asking for that change and I will make it for you. Then you'll only have me to blame. :)

Note: All 6" parangs will be supplied including survival kit unless otherwise noted.

Both
====
Atross
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty (Two Off)
Crushthesystem
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Pignut
Smallholder

6"
=====
Ph34r

Possible
========
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Trackerman
Widu13

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Bruce at Heinnie tells me that the factory will be on holiday for the whole of August. "all right for some" I think he said. :)

My feeling is that the if we don't avoid the holiday period the delay in shipment is likely to be more than a month. Speaking personally the way work is at the moment I'd have no problem with that but others might not be so laid back about it. I feel that we need to get an order to Heinnie no later than the middle of next week if we are to stand a reasonable chance of getting the consignment shipped from the factory in July. I've dealt with, er, some European firms in business (but never with FKMD) and in my experience they can tend to treat work with less urgency than we do in the UK. I think we should be prepared for disappointment, but Bruce tells me that the factory is normally pretty good and they usually manage a turnaround on orders of a week or two. I do not know what stock levels they have in Italy, now that we have a good idea of the quantities I will ask if it's an issue.

Thanks for the kind remarks about the organization, much appreciated. I hope I can keep a grip on it and make everybody happy. I have to say that the forum software could make it a lot easier but I'll start another thread about that when I have time.

Administrivia:
========

My work work attack is ongoing but I'll try to keep the list up to date at least daily.

Later today I'll send PMs to all on the list asking for final confirmation and giving payment details but I have to rush now. I'll be asking for cheques made payable to me and posted to my office address in Derbyshire. The cheques will need to arrive no later than the morning of Wednesday July 14th. I do not want to use Paypal because they will take an arm and a leg in fees.

Please remember FROM NOW ON PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS LIST.

If you want to be added or removed or change your order or whatever, simply post a message in the thread asking for that change and I will make it for you.

Note: All 6" parangs will be supplied including survival kit unless otherwise noted.

Both
====
Atross (No survival kit on 6")
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty (Two Off)
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Pignut
Smallholder

6"
=====
Ph34r

Possible
========
Crushthesystem
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Trackerman
Widu13

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I'll be asking for cheques made payable to me and posted to my office address in Derbyshire. The cheques will need to arrive no later than the morning of Wednesday July 14th. I do not want to use Paypal because they will take an arm and a leg in fees.

Thats to bad. I can only pay with paypal. (Dutch guy).
Is there someone who i can make te paypal too and then he will send the cheque?

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Good point Pepperana.

I'm in the USA at the moment, without my chequebook. I don't get back until about the 26th.

I can do Paypal from over here, but I'm afraid cheques are out. If that means that I'm out of the group-buy, I'm sorry for any trouble caused ged.

Claudiasboris

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Oh, bother. I knew it had all been too easy this far... :cussing:

I can accept payment in Euros, so a cheque from Holland shouldn't be a problem if we can agree an exchange rate. But it's clear that setting a deadline of the middle of next week is going to cause quite a few people problems. Well, we can solve problems -- that's why we're on this forum, isn't it?

I don't have strong personal feelings about the timing but I was hoping to wrap this up fairly quickly, partly because it's costing me more time than I can really afford right now owing to an unforseen disaster in a customer's milking parlour. No place for a computer, IMHO. Don't ask.

Anyway, if an early deadline is causing so many problems. I see two options.

1. I delay the deadline substantially. That would mean we will most likely hit the August shutdown and nobody will see their new shiny toys until September. I can live with that.

2. I place the order with Heinnie anyway and take the risk that you lot will eventually pay me. If you don't I can always put an ad in the Classified section. I can live with that too.

Thoughts? It would be good to hear from as many as possible of you on the list.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well personally, I'm not off to Venezuela till later this year so can wait, but I'll wait to see what other members have to say and go with them and your decision.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
The list:

Both
====
Atross (No survival kit on 6")
Claudiasboris
Ged

XL
=====
AndyP
Bizmarty (Two Off)
Dave53
Dougster
JonathanD (Two off)
Korvin Karbon
Mitch66
Muddyhands
Pepperana
Ph34r
Pignut
Smallholder

Possible
========
Crushthesystem
Mike8472
Shambling Shaman
Trackerman
Widu13

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Oh, this sucks.

I've just tried to send a PM to all 19 of you on the list.

First it told me to separate all the recipient names with semi-colons.

Then it told me that I'd got one of the names wrong.

Then, when I'd finally got all the names right, it told me I can only send a message to one person at a time.

TONY!! HELP!!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Oh, this sucks.

I've just tried to send a PM to all 19 of you on the list.

First it told me to separate all the recipient names with semi-colons.

Then it told me that I'd got one of the names wrong.

Then, when I'd finally got all the names right, it told me I can only send a message to one person at a time.

TONY!! HELP!!!

Classic, I believe this is oone of the bugs Tony is working on.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, not a problem, i will go with the flow, i am new to paypal could you just ad on the paypal fees? & a bit for p&p what are we talking all in?
i cant make the meets sorry. ps did anyone notice on the last you-tube clip after cutting a 4ft log, the handle looked a bit low by the blade, i thought it would be on the floor after the amount of stick it got. but still want one.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I'm happy paying Paypal fees too. I can do cheques if you prefer, but it will be near the end of the month.

Sorry for upsetting your plans.

Claudiasboris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE