Outdoorcode Update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi guys,

I managed to get to through to Andrew on Sunday and had a good chat about everything that has been going on.

I passed on a few of the comments from here and that people are getting very worried about their orders and some people aren't happy.

He apologised profusely and explained the situation to me.
I asked him if he wanted me to post on here to explain to the others and he was happy for me to put something up.

Firstly, I have nothing to do with Andrew / Outdoor Code (so don’t get upset with me). Just another worried customer and this was the first order I have ever made with ODC.

Below are the key points from what we discussed ( Sorry it’s bit of a running commentary)
  • Andrew’s still having ADSL connection problems, BT have checked the line, they say it's fine but he can only get online for 3 minutes at a time.
  • BT are sending out an engineer today (Monday) to investigate.
  • He got a new router but the problems are still happening.
  • In the 3 minutes he can't get his email down, so can’t even see some of the orders people are complaining about.
  • He's not got a lot of the phone numbers for people on here, so hasn't been able to get in contact with them.
  • He has 2 computers there and they're both doing the same thing.
  • He's happy to give refunds right away to people who want them.
  • He can't update the website to stop orders coming through.
Strange enough, I got a letter in the post today, saying I had a package at the depot for the last 3 weeks and they were going to send it back!
First I’d heard about it!

I just got back and it is my original ODC order! I can’t believe that!
I called Andrew to hold off sending a replacement and had another chat with him.

He said:
  • He’s managed to get his PC to a friend’s house and downloaded his emails.
  • 1500 emails to go through, but had already sent out 150 orders today.
  • Things should start arriving soon.
So that seems like good news.

There was no reason why my order was at the depot, all addressed correctly[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It might be worth giving your local one a call to see if there's something held up for you... long shot but may be the case.

Hope that helps out.

Cheers
Carlo

[/FONT]

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
It might be worth giving your local one a call to see if there's something held up for you... long shot but may be the case.

I've had this problem with my local sorting office. If a parcel is too big to fit through my letter box they take it back to the depot and SHOULD leave you a note to go and collect it. This doesn't always happen though so the recipient is left wondering where his/her goods are, but of course the sender can only say they have been despatched. It's happened when I have sent things and have been waiting for something to be delivered. It is worth giving your local sorting office a call, just to check wether it is there or not.

ATB....Stu

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I'm sure some of us were a little worried, even without having anything on order.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I knew there would be a decent explanation, Andrew isn't the sort of bloke to rip anyone off. All I can say to those waiting on stuff is be patient, and hopefully your kit will arrive soon and don't be put off by this unfortunate incident. You won't find a more decent guy out there selling this sort of kit.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Citilink are AWFUL. Get in touch with the depot. They have hacked me off so much with my ODC orders I've asked Andrew if I can pay extra to use good old posty.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
That's interesting I had the same problem a while back, my modem cut out and dropped the connection every 3 minutes and 40 seconds as if it was on a timer.
BT came found nothing wrong , so my server sent me a router (free) which seemed to work and sorted the problem.
But about the same time BT decided to bury the cable which had been laid on the surface for years so never did find out the exact problem.
But the Telephone worked OK the whole time???

Andrew you have my sympathies, hope it gets sorted soon.

MickT

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
At lest they took it back. I had a parcel left on my dorstep once. All flipping day in the middle of a housing estate. It's a miracle that nobody nicked it.

Once I heard something drop through the letterbox - it was one of the notes saying that a parcel was at the depot. I said "I'm in I must have missed you knocking", to be met with the reply of "Nah - don't carry the parcels - to heavy - we just put noes through the door when there's lots". Madness

I have very little time for the posties in our area. Except for on excentric old fella who does his round in a deer-stalker whilst smoking a pipe!

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
If he (or anyone else for that matter) are having ongoing problems with broadband connections then it might be worth investigating dial-up (narrow-band) connections as a back-up for emergencies.

I currently use a Tiscali dial-up package for internet access which is a very economical £5 flat-rate per month during the day - much cheaper than broadband and I can live with the slow download speed. They also have a pay-as-you-go dial-up service at 1p per minute with no contract - excellent for the occassional user and more than fast enough for email.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
1500 emails to go through, but had already sent out 150 orders today.
[*]Things should start arriving soon.[/LIST]
So that seems like good news.

[/FONT]

Thank you for updating us! :You_Rock_

It's really put my mind at rest. I'm more than happy to wait for him to catch up.

John

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
I have just been told by the Mrs, that Andrew phoned this morning to confirm the Swanndri order.

I eat my words and humbly apologise to Andrew, it seems he is a man of his word and I need to be a little more trusting.

I guess I preach as I see and I don't always take time to look.

:eek:

John

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
If he (or anyone else for that matter) are having ongoing problems with broadband connections then it might be worth investigating dial-up (narrow-band) connections as a back-up for emergencies.

I currently use a Tiscali dial-up package for internet access which is a very economical £5 flat-rate per month during the day - much cheaper than broadband and I can live with the slow download speed. They also have a pay-as-you-go dial-up service at 1p per minute with no contract - excellent for the occassional user and more than fast enough for email.

Uk2Net also do pay as you go dial up for emergency use:
0845 665 3000
USERNAME uk2
PASSWORD uk2

http://adial.co.uk/
Pablo.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Thank you everyone for this update on Outdoorcode, i've got an order in through ebay, and have wondered whereit is, now it's clear.

Hope Andrew gets it sorted soon, sounds like he's having a nightmare with his internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE