Outdoorcode Update

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torak

Forager
Oct 4, 2006
uk
Just an update.

A week after I was supposed to receive my order I have chucked the towel in. Ten calls yesterday, ten the day before.....that's it for me but wait there is more....

Just tried to claim the cash back from paypal and it looks like Andrews account is frozen :(

John

Oh great:cussing:

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Just tried to claim the cash back from paypal and it looks like Andrews account is frozen :(

This will be because of claims made against his account.
I can only echo that Andrew is a great bloke and a victim of crappy circumstance, I know this is no comfort to those of you who are sans goods but I can assure you this is not due to underhand tactics on Andrew's behalf.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
This will be because of claims made against his account.
I can only echo that Andrew is a great bloke and a victim of crappy circumstance, I know this is no comfort to those of you who are sans goods but I can assure you this is not due to underhand tactics on Andrew's behalf.

To be honest mate, I can appreciate your loyalty to Andrew but he has let a number of people down, which is NOT acceptable. Obviously Andrew is a great bloke who is happy to take money and not provide the goods, in my book that equates to anything but a great bloke. Each to his own I guess. Very poor situation to say the least, nuf said on my part, I'll say no more as I just want my money back and I'll place an order with a company who *will* provide the goods.

John

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I've only ever ordered one item from Andrew which was my fallie nl5 idun and it arrived promptly and efficiently, Andrew ordered it in especially for me and did me a good price for which I was greatful -, and I found andrew as others have stated to be a genuine friendly chap. That's my experience.
I believe in leeway too, but there are such things as internet cafe's and to pop in one and let the folks know the situation every couple of days might be helpful to everyone. Even if it's bad news and people are owed money - it's also owed to them to know what's going on. even a quick general update on here would be helpful.
I hope everything gets sorted out and Andrew if your're reading this I hope all is well with you and things can be resolved soon.

M

mikehill

No actually he is not at all happy to do so. You will get your refund but I'm afraid it may not be as quick as any of us would like.

Do you know that Lurch ? I'm not taking any side here, but you seem to be stating facts .. ?

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Yes I am as it goes.
Spoke to him today. Comms backlog is as bad as you might expect for an internet business unable to download their emails for three weeks but he is working through them as best he can.
As a fellow businessman I know what it's like to get called worse than poo for things going wrong that are out of your control so I feel for the guy.
Andrew is unlikely to post in response to these threads as he is trying to put out the metaphorical fires in a proper order.
I wish to apologise on behalf of Andrew to the people who have got less than the excellent service most of us know as Andrew's trademark. It will be resolved.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I have heard nothing but good reports about Andrew until now, but having read the reasons for the events I can only offer my sympathies to Andrew and ask everyone to have a little patience and tollerence until it has all been sorted.

I run a forum and website as a few here know, a couple of weeks back I had a problem with my modem, so up graded to wireless with all the new bits of hardware and software that involves, good grief, everything was going pear shaped before my eyes, I called in a friend who spent many hours trying to get it sorted and succes was not happening, Turned out the new modem kit was faulty...Another modem needed and all loaded and at last something was starting to work, but e-mail was a problem, when I finally got in there were dozens and dozens of messages and a whole load of people waiting to be activated...

So I have finally caught up, no harm done, but I am not providing a service involving financial transactions, thank goodness for that!

Please, please give Andrew a chance to get his problems sorted and give him your support and custom when it is all back together, I know I will be!

LS

Sorry about the ramble:beerchug:

There is a word missing and it is s o r r y (about the ramble)

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Yes I am as it goes.
Spoke to him today. It will be resolved.

I said that I didn't want to post any more on this topic but this has got my goat.
Frankly, rubbish.
It seems Andrew will answer calls to "some people" but NOT people who have given him money. Andrew make false promises that he can not keep.
From my point of view it has been sorted, I've claimed against Paypal and my CC, end of story from my point of view. As a fellow business owner, you will be aware that your customers have to be the center of you attention at all times, that is if you not playing at being a business owner.
Andrew has failed in all accounts to do this, in my opinion he is a waste of time, end of story. frankly it makes no difference to me what you buddy is promising YOU, he has failed me. That's all that matters to ME! False promises, false statements and fraudulent transactions. This in my eyes makes his less than reputable. As for the weak and VERY fable excuse of 'my Internet access has gone down' what a load of rubbish. If I ran an Internet business than I would make sure that any problems were sorted same day. If not, I would connect via my mobile and if I couldn't I would stop transactions from my web site, not take money from unsuspecting customers and then come up with a load of old cobblers to palm them off.
Andrew said my order would be with me on Monday of this week, it's Saturday, where is my order? in the never never land where other peoples orders are. Funny how he has spoken to YOU tonight, when I have called him everyday this week to no avail, funny hey??????
This guy is a joke and personally I have a mind to contact the local plod.
Going by what I have read on here, there are a number of people waiting for their orders, this has been going on for months, not days or weeks, months! what kind of good fellow is this Andrew?
I'll have my money, but wait with no Internet access how can he refund?
He seems to offer a refund?

Very strange indeed.

Anyone who has ever dealt with me on the net knows I will send payment same day, I will send goods as promised and I give a monkeys uncle to know if the stuff I have sent is what that person wanted.
This whole thing is and was a waste of time, Andrew can not sort this out, he has not sorted it out and I doubt he will ever sort it out, the mans a fool.
BTW next time you speak to him, ask him to give my money back.

JOHN

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
John,

Some of the comments you have made in your last post could be seen as defamatory.

I would if I were you delete the post and have a rethink about how to say what you want without casting aspertions about Andrews character,

LS

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
John,

Some of the comments you have made in your last post could be seen as defamatory

Can't see anything defamatory in Hunter Zero's comments. Seems pretty clear he is stating his opinion.

Besides, I think andrew and outdoorcode's reputation has been already been significantly damaged prior to anyone's comments on this thread and you'd have a hard time showing that these comments have led to reputation being harmed.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Can't see anything defamatory in Hunter Zero's comments. Seems pretty clear he is stating his opinion.

Besides, I think andrew and outdoorcode's reputation has been already been significantly damaged prior to anyone's comments on this thread and you'd have a hard time showing that these comments have led to reputation being harmed.

Might be the case that it is "his" opinion, but it is in/on a public forum, also check the full stops and comma's, grammar and punctuation can change how something is read.

LS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I can see both sides of this one. I have had great service from Andrew in the past and I do understand that a small firm can be FUBAR by an infrastructure failure. However, I have sympathy for people who have no history with Andrew and have seen there money go and no goods forthcoming - all they know is they are out of pocket. He's not their freind - just a business who hasn't delivered. In general terms, I'd be very, very unhappy if a business didn't deliver, wasn't contactable and took my money.

I suspect those of us who know Andrew defending him to those who don't will be fruitless at this point. People who have paid money and not received goods are entitled to use whatever means they wish to recover what is, at the end of the day, their money.

Those of us who know Andrew of old can continue to hope he gets everything sorted and we can resume the pleasure we used to take in buying from him.

Both parties are entitles their view and hold it with some justification based on their own experience.

I suggest we leave it at that - bitterness and falling out between ourselves over this will help no-one on the site (and at the end of the day, this isn't anything to do with BCUK)

Red

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Those of us who know Andrew of old can continue to hope he gets everything sorted and we can resume the pleasure we used to take in buying from him.

I consider Andrew a friend, I have had excellent service from him in the past and he has always provided good service to BB members, I would of had no problems recommending him to anyone.

However, as a business and being brutally cold, this situation is appaling. There are always ways round a comms problem. You can download emails from a mobile phone connected to a laptop if his landline is up the spout. You can log onto ebay and paypal from a libray computer or an internet cafe if need be and save the output onto a memory stick for processing later ...and, most landline coms problems will get sorted in a few days from most providers. If not, change provider. This situation has been going on for many weeks and whatever the problem is, his coms seem to be good enough to continue listing things for sale in his ebay shop...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Theoutdoorcode

Much as it hurts me to say it, there comes a point when you have to acknowledge it isnt good enough, friend or not.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
John,

Some of the comments you have made in your last post could be seen as defamatory.

I would if I were you delete the post and have a rethink about how to say what you want without casting aspertions about Andrews character,

LS

I know you are a friend of Andrews, which is the only real reason I have replied to this. I am NOT trying to upset YOU and I most certainly have no beef with anyone on this board what so ever!! My comments are based on my findings, my dealings with Andrew. Judging by the amount of people he has let down ( and eventually sending goods after months of waiting is STILL letting people down. Giving them little extras is NOT recompense for making them wait for goods they have paid for), I have no worries about harming Andrews character. He can take care of that himself. Perhaps you should have me wait six months before I receive my order? Sorry mate, that's not going to happen. Fact is that I have asked for my money back, what is the problem with that? Andrew is making stacks on eBay by the look of it (something that I didn't really want to bring in to the open), how come he has a connection for accessing eBay? but can not realize his commitments to customers from his website?
As I said, I personally want to waste no more time with the subject of Andrew but did want to make my standing clear on this, as you highlighted that my comments could be defamatory.

John

leon-1

Right guys, I will be more than honest here, I am finding this thread more than tedious.

Hunter Zero, there are worse companies out there than Outdoorcode, I can tell you from experience and having to wait for over a year to get my goods (I didn't get anything in recompense, not as much as a small item) when the goods arrived they were not what I had ordered and I wasn't best pleased.

Yes I understand your concerns, is BCUK the place to air your issues?

If someone says "I am going to buy this from Outdoorcode" then yes you have a perfect right to air your views, but if you have a problem with Outdoorcode take it up with him, from my perspective if you have a problem with a trader take it to Trading Standards, they frighten the willies out of anyone that trades and it worked for me.

As I said in future anyone asks, fine air your views, but enough is enough.

So before this thread gets any worse and bores the sun into imploding into itself I am going to close the thread. Consider this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE