Our forests are safe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hazmat

Feb 14, 2011
Coningsby, Lincolnshire
Don't count your chickens yet Trunks.
A new panel of experts means only one thing, another group of idiots looking for a way to sell off our land.
They'll have to think of a new name though. . .
Something on the lines of "The Big society conservation group" seems favorite.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
woohoo!! although i think a valid point has been made...how long until another bout of reforms come along and the woods are under threat again. Still, for now at least, they're safe :)

Hazmat

Feb 14, 2011
Coningsby, Lincolnshire
Nice to think that the furious letter to my MP helped but then, on reflection, I remembered that Cameron has lots of rich shooting and hunting buddies.:p

They must have been pretty annoyed by the proposed sale which would have completely ruined any chance of rough shooting or charging across the countryside fox hunting (When that is legalized again).

I'll bet the decision was made to scrap the sale more because he's worried about losing their goodwill :nono: than the money the forests would have generated.

and yes Robbie, I'm VERY cynical where that guy is concerned.:(

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Nice to think that the furious letter to my MP helped but then, on reflection, I remembered that Cameron has lots of rich shooting and hunting buddies.:p

They must have been pretty annoyed by the proposed sale which would have completely ruined any chance of rough shooting or charging across the countryside fox hunting (When that is legalized again).

I'll bet the decision was made to scrap the sale more because he's worried about losing their goodwill :nono: than the money the forests would have generated.

yup - not to be trusted, at all.

Good news on the stay of execution though.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point

Never trust a politician. Any politician for that matter. I just heard on the local news ( they were talking about Thetford forest) that, although it is probably "safe", for now... the Forestry Commission has made a £16 millions loss last year, and that the future of wood lands is still very much in the balance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE