on camp storage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya guys i have a problem

now at the moment i have a kelly kettle and a coleman duel fuel lanturn and loads of other kit that cant fit in the ruck sack but also needs to be with me on camp if i am car camping and am not testing my skills. so how do i pack it well at the moment i just shot it in the boot of the car. now the only problem with this is the amount of runs i have to do from the car to my site. So this is were i here you say so get you self a wanigan well i would do but one making one out of wood to much hassle cos living at the rents and dont have time or money. So next solution is to buy a tool box

problem i cant seam to find any big enough to store a kelly and a lanturn up rite due to not wanting to store it lying down because could have feul in and also it wont roll about and possibly break if stood up.

so any ideas

drew

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I use one of these Drew...
033023R_mid_res.jpg

Features and Benefits
Lid includes v-groove, two small parts compartments with transparent, high-impact lids
Wide heavy duty nickel plated metal latches
Extra large rubber coated wheels
Full size tote tray for storage of small tools, accessories

Product Details

Height 16",406.4mm
Length 24",609.6mm
Width 15",381mm
Whilst not deep enough for the Coleman lantern, you can bungee other boxes on top and lock it up with a couple of padlocks should the need arise.

It has wheels and an extending handle too. Very handy for arranging those luxury items that you take car camping.

I got mine from B & Q...

Simon

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Surely it has to have a nice pattern for shopping!

shopping_trolley_1.jpg

Seriously, why not a folding trolley along these lines here

Or one of these: here

Snozz

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...So this is were i here you say so get you self a wanigan well i would do but one making one out of wood to much hassle cos living at the rents and dont have time or money..."

Really? you should try to build yourself a wannigan. These instructions are for a very straightforward and easy one, most of the cutting could be done by your timber supplier.

Carry it to your camp using a tumpline (instructions on that site), it looks nice, provides a nice seat and a work surface for small and fiddly projects or food prep. :)

Last edited:

Oarsnpaddle

Forager
May 24, 2010
Greater Copenhagen
I have just received this:

http://absolut-canoe.de/Kochen.php#FRAME CAMP KITCHEN

I haven't "tested" it yet, as I'm waiting for my sleeping bag to arrive so I can keep warm when out, but it's really nice. Just over 50cm square and 26 cm deep.

It's not exactly ultralight, but not heavy either. In fact, it's much lighter than one would think.

I have no other affilitation with Absolut Canoe than me being a happy customer, and I can't wait to try it out (it will be transported in my Adirondack Guide Boat). I am thinking of adding some leather "back pack" straps to it, so one could carry in on the back with a small drybag on top.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE