Self storage units

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
After a bit of a lengthy conversation with the other half about how much gear I have accumulated for various things hobby related and outdoors, diy tools and bikes etc I may have to look at self storage containers.

Now the majority will be sorted and stored in boxes/totes, but my concern is tents/sleeping bags and other things that may suffer from condensation and mould.

Do any of you use these facilities? The ones I have been looking at offer 24/7 access and are a 10 minute drive away so easy for me to get to and pick something up if needed.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, im not in a position to get a bigger shed(have a 6x4 which is pretty full) until the garden has been overhauled which may be a year or 2 away yet.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
If they're climate controlled then you shouldn't have any issues with condensation or mould.
How would I know if they were? The only thing that's mentioned online is that they are treated with grafo-therm to prevent condensation but im unsure if that totally stops it or just minimises it

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
My son uses a sixteen foot self store container. No power or venting. Textiles that he is keeping long term are vacuum packed - you can buy bags that can be pumped out by some vacuum cleaners or inflation pumps.
Otherwise you’ll need to take things out and air them in some sort of rotation.

Long term storage costs a fortune. I’m trying to get son to ditch/sell stuff and buy more when he eventually needs it using the money he’d save from not storing.

Reactions: Decacraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE