North Meet. Definately On. Confirm if you're interested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Having recently attended the Scottish Meet Up and having a thoroughly good time there. I have been looking out for threads for meets closer to home.

It seems there are a number of people in the NW and NE trying to set something up but with limited success.

So how about a Northern Moot?

Now I know there is the whole white rose / red rose thing going on but as a Westmorland lad living on the Lancs. Yorks. border perhaps I'm neutral enough to start the ball rolling. ;)

Seriously though, by spreading our wings wider we have more choice of sites and more potential bushcrafters to attend. Who knows, perhaps we'll even get some of those Wild Scots to cross the border. :D

So first off I don't currently have a site in mind so suggestions would be very welcome.

Secondly, If anyone has used sites in the past with good results, references would be helpful for dealing with new sites.

Thirdly, when would people be interested in attending? I am hopeing something can be set up sooner rather than later. Autumn is great in the woods or Winter would give us a chance to try out all that cold weather kit that normally doesn't get much of an airing. If it comes to it, Spring or Summer would be fine too but why not do that as well?

Logistics wise I can provide a lot of group cooking gear but we might need some additional shelter.

Right then, lets here from you, don't just lurk and see what happens. Jump in so we can get this thing moving.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
OK I'm in too. I can provide large tarps for working under if the weather's bad and I can bring my pole lathe, spoon carving setups and bow making stuff as well as the usual leather crafting and sheath making gear.

How does somewhere in the lake district sound. I don't have anywhere specific in mind but I know of a few places that'd be bushcraft friendly.

Eric

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Good to have you all on board.

I was hopeing you would be interested Eric, your Tarps could be very useful this time of year.

I have to admit the Lakes would be my first choice too but I'm open to any good ideas.

I have no good contacts in this area having lived most of the last decade in the South West so if anyone has a good idea for a venue lets look at it.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
perhaps Fisherground campsite if we sought thier permission?
its getting to the end of their season so a fair few bodies with thier own tarps and a few fires going might be a welcome addition to thier bank balance?

just a thought
Garry

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
re: Fisherground, if I recall correctly, they officially close the site at the end of October. Might indeed be worth enquiring.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Love to come along. Fisherground poss. a good bet, as someone mentioned.

I'd also be happy to help on the organisation side if needed. Most dates would suit me OK given enough notice (couple of weeks).<edit> the dates proposed as I was writing this suit me fine</edit>

Can't offer group type gear, but have enough spare to equip a small grou, if you see what I mean...

Wayland, you're just up the road. Fancy a pint and a chat about it?

Jim.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have changed the title of this thread to 'North meet' rather than 'north moot'

we started calling the annual meetings arranged by BushcraftUK 'BUSHMOOTS' because of the confusion that was arrising between the BCUK Moots and the individual members local meets.

if members start refering to there local self organised meets as Moots we we have the same problem all over again, with people getting confused between which were organised by BCUK and which were local member organised events

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Stuart said:
if members start refering to there local self organised meets as Moots we we have the same problem all over again, with people getting confused between which were organised by BCUK and which were local member organised events

It's got Vikings. Can we call it a "Thing"? :D :D

Jim.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Stuart No problem. I don't care what we call it just so long as it gets off the ground.
I have refered to it as a Moot in a few other threads to get people talking to each other though.

Jim. A pint and a chat sounds like a good idea. I'm in Shaw so any ideas for a halfway house?

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
ok well what evrybody needs to do which is easyer seid than done is pic a date and stick to it. what about the end of this month? 28th 29th? we can figger out were as we go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE