Recent Walk 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
After a nightmare time with car troubles, breaking down and having to get a Travelodge for a night, we finally made it to West Wales for a short break away. On Thursday we had an hour down on the beach and set up the Lavvu. The weather forecast showed a chance of rain, and I was hoping that it would rain so we could sit in the Lavvu looking out at the rain over the sea but it remained dry.

On Friday, we walked to a beach a little further away. It's an easy walk along the coastline about 1.5 miles each way. We stopped for a pint and a packet of crisps and then we sat on the beach and fired up the Kelly Kettle for tea, hot chocolate and noodles. We were blessed with beautiful weather.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Apart from car troubles it sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing :)
Still having a great time. I managed to limp down here with a misfire in cylinder 3. Took to local garage and looking like it will be fixed Tuesday. We were supposed to go back today, but I'm secretly happy we get another couple of days here. Not looking forward to the repair bill, though.

I'm currently packing the backpack with Lavvu and Kettle to go down the beach.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I have spent half of my life down here. I was born in South Wales but West Wales is my true home.

We've been blessed with great weather and we've had a wonderful time. We have been on the beach every day and I've been able to use the Kelly Kettle numerous times. Even my girlfriend has become a fan of it.

Reactions: Toddy and Broch

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I'm ashamed. I don't know where that is. It looks familiar but I can't place it.
The first 3 photos is Aberporth and the others are of Tresaith, or the coastal path between Aberporth and Tresaith. The photo looking over the cliff edge is a little cove on the coastal path near Aberporth and is a popular place to jump from and it's (unofficial) name is 'Ogof'

Reactions: StevieE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE