Needle proof material sources - Kevlar or similar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If your that paranoid about getting bitten carry anti-venom (species specific) or wear a pair of 15th C armour leggings. Not the chainmail but the articulated ones. You'll sweat a goodun and clunk around like Henry V going to the toilet but the fangs wont penetrate.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If your that paranoid about getting bitten carry anti-venom (species specific) or wear a pair of 15th C armour leggings. Not the chainmail but the articulated ones. You'll sweat a goodun and clunk around like Henry V going to the toilet but the fangs wont penetrate.

I think that's what these are based on from midwest :D. The best in the business in viper protection IMO, light and strong.

GuardzKhaki.gif

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
I Dont think there is a fabric that can STOP needle's as there is no weave tight enough to stop a 1mm wide or so tube going through it.I may be wrong but just my 2p on it

regards,Jordan

Pharaoh

Jan 23, 2008
The Hague, Netherlands
Dear Friend, perhaps this is what you're looking for.
Guaranteed needleproof; snakeproof and briar proof !
I have them and they work as advertised.
Google this: Rattlers Brand snakeproof chaps and gaiters
ATB
Pharaoh

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mark,

My "solution" is decoy.

I have baggy trousers over the boots. The reason being that it will strike at the fabric assuming that is the flesh.

Mind you that does nothing for those vipers resting in bushes by the side of the trail.

Get a dog or let others go first. Remember how I let you and Dave walk ahead in the jungle??:)

Ash

Apr 28, 2015
London
In the UK, we have another concern hovering the other side of the Channel, the Asian Hornet. This vicious thumb-sized pest has wiped out the French wasp popluation, looks like it's about to do the same with most other insects, and is making bees terminally endangered.
The last word heard from DEFRA is that they want to try sorting out the first nest themselves, before using us beekeepers as the frontline troops in the fight. What they didn't consider is that they want us to go up in our bee suits, which only sometimes keep bee stings out and most certainly are pointless against the bigger, longer and more poisonous hornet stings, in cherry-pickers from which we'll have no quick escape to sort out these buggers nests in the tops of trees. Memories of WWI artillery observers in balloons comes to mind.
We need something proof against a 0.5mm o/d 10cm long sting. Kevlar's sewable by needles the same size, so that's a non-starter - I think we need something heat-sealable. Yes, I have an account at Vestguard. Any ideas?

bamma29

Aug 19, 2015
cohocton ny
I have a project in mind and am looking for some kevlar type material that will stop needles and other sharp things of that ilk
Any idea where I can buy the material from that isn't already made into a stab proof vest or chain saw trousers?
I understand why it's difficult to get hold of but I just can't find any sources myself.

thanks

Mark
What about a fabric or material that can stretch with the bite sure it would hurt but the poison is what is deadly. They have material out there I'm sure, the have a suite not that used for body armor that is a gel like material and in millsec of a bullit hitting it turn to a hard metal. Its some kind of iron molecule when the sensor detects the energy of the bullet it instantly charges the material turning it from gel form to a iron then back to gel. Its next generation but unless you add carbon fiber and kevlar and getting he flexibility just right its going be tough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE