My wife doesn't understand me...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Years ago my Dad and I were moose hunting in northern Ontario. We were sitting quietly one afternoon, not a sound to be heard, not another person around for miles...
then this lone raven flies over and lets out a long CRAWWWWK...without missing a beat, the old man just said wearily '' Yes, Dear.''

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
we have a deal, i don't question all the new tops that appear, the new make up, the shoes etc, but i make sure i notice how lovely they all look or how much they suit her, and in return she tolerates the conservatory stuffed full of bergens, smocks, pouches, etc etc. we met at art college so freedom of expression is not a problem here! so eccentricity is encouraged! as long as we continue to tick all the right boxes with each other, our strange habits and hobbies only enrich our lives!.....

having said that, we do nag each other about the amount of s**t we both accumulate! lmao!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Years ago my Dad and I were moose hunting in northern Ontario. We were sitting quietly one afternoon, not a sound to be heard, not another person around for miles...
then this lone raven flies over and lets out a long CRAWWWWK...without missing a beat, the old man just said wearily '' Yes, Dear.''

:lmao: :lmao: :D
Brilliant :D
M

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow

Oh man, that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Priceless! :lmao:
And how cool to go moose hunting with your dad. Lucky, lucky so-and-so.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........now the wifes not looking over my sholder i can say she does not understand me at all, and i know exactly how your dad feels "silentpaddler"......

and awesome, thanks for shareing......

chris...........................................................

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I must be doing sommat wrong :sigh:
My husband says I can't nag :dunno:
I dont need to, I just ask, and things get done :D

Yeah, I know, I'm spoiled :eek:

M

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
both of you are very lucky Mary, but you do have more sheds than me though..........lol.........

i just dont have the space being in the forces and keep moving every 2 or 3 years, it means i cant get all the tools and thing i want ort need, it also means my kit is atashed all over the place and wifey hates it..............

she cant stand mess or things untidy or on show even......lol.......

E

Elements

My wife is a South African Psychologist!! So she knew I was mad before we got married before we got married... in fact she did talk about certifying me Lol

Her reaction two nights ago when I showed her my new across Scotland Canoe Route (Skye Bridge - Inverness) was one thing, then when I told her I was starting on the 4th January, I think that just sealed the deal. Am going to avoid her work for a while, in case she gets one of her colleagues to medicate me!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, no. I grew up in houses with gardens and workshops and loads of books and stuff around.

I look at some of those immaculate showhome photos and think, "Where's all their stuff ?? :confused:"
Very sleek, modern, tidy, easy kept, but I can't live that way.

Just different folks :)

What about boxes that can be used as furniture ? Like wooden chests with padded upholstered lids ? Oak kists make good storage, seating, and they flit easily enough in the moving trucks :cool:

cheers,
M

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
the thing is the house is never big enough to put anything in other than what we have, my mil kit takes up LOADS or room what with my 12 odd pairs of boots for a start, then the dpm 95 issue oh and dont forget the Afghanistan issue oh and then of course there are the siuts, mess dress and £300 tux i just had to splash out for and that was for 1 bloody night..........

sorry rant over......lol.....

it does have good points though, the rent is minimal and i can get great tarps when i want, oh and great boots for nout........lol.......

chris...................................

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My Wife DOES understand me ...but that sigh she does when I start whittlin another spoon while sat in front of the TV in the living room....un-nerving I tel you ... almost enough to make me pack the knife away!

Almost!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
My wife understands me perfectly, she tells me regularly by sighing loudly and saying "geek"...
my wife is nothing but tolerant, but then she knew about my GW obsession before we got married and even tried to paint some items which some girlfriends do and you know you have to correct them because lets face it there are NO goblins running around with pink robes with yellow trim...

then later she wore the same expression when i was collecting airsoft kit and more jackets/combats/webbing then an entire battalion of infantry.
now i do bushcraft, volunteer and attend outdoor training courses, she's even up for coming out walking with me and i've managed to keep her in reasonable comfort whilst at a festival (camping).
when a new jacket or crafty item arrives her response is usually "not another (insert item here)" and my response is generally "What were those shoes/makeup/top/jeans/jacket you bought the other day?"
so yeah she understands me, but i like to rub it in

SWMBO "you can go off people you know"
me: "you can go off me but you'll never get rid of me"

SWMBO "Why did i marry you again"
Me: "Didn't i trick you into it and you didn't realise until it was too late :D"

etc etc ;)
13 years together in jan, 9 years married in feb ;)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
It can be a battle of wills, for sure. My dearest, Roberta, made a principled point of having the words "obey" removed from the traditional catechism of our marriage vows. So that has went a long way in keeping harmony in our relationship. She grew up in a hunting, country home and has always supported our outdoor pursuits. She camps, backpacked (my foot deformity no longer allows me to backpack) canoes, kayaks, fishes, shoots archery and firearms with me. I guess you could say I am lucky. But, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it! About two years ago I got Roberta into shooting defensive pistol matches with me. She was timid at first but has now become a woman on a shooting sports mission. I did, at one time, get the proverbial "how many firearms do you need?" Now when the shooting magazines come in the mail we have to decide who was the last to read it, gets it first. Now, when at the favorite gunshop, I get the questions from her, "got enough power pistol powder?", " how about primers?" Honest to goodness, the other day we were talking firearms and lo and behold what came out of her mouth, "you can't have enough firearms"!!!!

On the 28th of this month we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Gordy

Last edited:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
there is an easier way to divorce than all of that lot.

and its go club and get wasted before you leave say to the missus i will be back in an our so wait up and we can take a glass of wine to bed and have an earlie night.

then when you get to the club then go on to town with your mates and forget about the wife ie cop of with some one else

and when you strole ina 4 in the morning make sure you have lipstip on your coler and then as you walk past her who is very much ****** of

just slap her on the **** and say your turn now fatty

drew a happily in love man who likes his man bits just were they are so has never done this

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE