My Kendal mint cake just arrived!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Last month I started using KMC in my tea. Two squares broken up into a mug of black tea is delicious.
I tried using Polo Mints and the Irish Silvermints but they left a white residue which is probably corn starch floating on top.
KMC is great in tea.
Happy trails...torc.

May 21, 2005
dublin ireland
I see aldi are selling kendall mint cake, i bought myself some as a treat and decided to let the kids try some that was a bad idea the kids are addicted to it now lol, so my treat went quite fast lol

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Wow....I haven't had Kendall Mint Cake since I was a child! My dad used to take us up to the hills of snowdonia back in the day (he was RAF Mountain rescue too), and we'd always have some. Aaaaarrrgh!! I need kendall mint cake!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I discoverd this stuff in the Yorkshire Dales in 1977. Romney's brown sugar version was my favorite then and still is. It never fails to give me a boost, especially when the weather is grim. On an unexpected overnight bivvy last year it was a big hit when I dug out a bar, especially since there was little actual food between four of us. I always liked the little note on the back of the wrapper recalling the 1953 Eversest Expedition;

"We sat on the snow and looked at the country far below us ... we nibbled Kendal Mint cake" "It was easily the most popular item on our high altitude ration - our only criticism was that we did not have enough of it"

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
The chocolate covered version is superb - reminiscent of Fry's Chocolate Cream (for those children of the sixties) but firmer.
I hav had a pack of the regular stuff in my rucksack as an emergency food for a few years. Interestingly it has now turned to a paste within its wrapper. I expect it will still do the job though.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Its the perfect survival energy boost cos its so bloody manky that you manage to leave it in the bottom of your rucksack till you are really in deep.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
just had to go and order 42 bars hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
from kendle korner works out at less than 38 pence a bar delivered

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I always see it as an item for survival kit / food stores. So it is more of a mint candy than what we (over here) think of as cake.

Gordy

I've run out and going to order in some more so I will order some extra and send some over to you Gordy Because it's full of sugar it lasts for ages and is commonly used in survival and emergency ration packs in lifeboats, aircraft and such like. High energy and tastes good too, but a cautionary note.... eating it can become addictive it's really yummy. :)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE