Moot 2014 Group Buys - Suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I'm planning on running some group buys for the 2014 Moot. This will hopefully get us all a discount on some useful items that we didn't know we needed as well as save on postage.

I will plan on running the group buys from May so there is plenty of time for people to sign up and for companies to deliver. I will then 'acquire' a trailer if necessary to bring it all to the Moot for distribution. Obviously I will not be making money out of these and if there is a little over spill it will get ploughed back into some mutually beneficial aspect of the Moot.

Some 'Group Buys' that I am already mulling over are:

24hr Rat Packs - £8ish at a guess
Dyneema 75 (Amsteel Blue) £35/50m or (90p/m if you really have to!)
Quality Polyester 1200kg+ Rated 25mm Webbing - £5/10m
TW Hammocks and Tarps - Whatever we can negotiate depending on order size. (2nds may be available)
Delta Ground Anchors - Great bits of kit, I'm guessing £1 each.
Jerky, Biltong and Dry Wors - Beef and Venison
Tatonka and/or Zebra Cooking Pots
US Army Gore-tex Bivi Bags with side zip - Grade 1- Used but good condition. - Less than £25
Panel Wipe (Coleman Fuel), Methanol, Methylated Spirit - by the litre
Potjie Pots
Bulk Order from online food supplier that sells near or over 'Best Before' food and consumables.
Duracell Procell Batteries and rechargables.
Quality Crushable Leather Bush Hats - £47 down to less than £30.
Sawyer water filter/purifiers - SP128 (Mini), SP129 (Squeeze), SP191 (Viruses) etc.

Heinnie Haynes - Give them a group order and ask for a significant discount and free hand delivery by them to the Moot.

Any other suggestions/wishes for categories or even pre-order interest, depending on discount level obviously, are appreciated.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I thought I'd add the following for a possible GB:

Sawyer water filter/purifiers - SP128 (Mini), SP129 (Squeeze), SP191 (Viruses) etc.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. I'm taking some Brit and Amerkin Rats to the Dartmoor meet next week.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just had a thought.

Since there seem to be quite a few archers at the Moot, how about a group buy of Arrows? I'm not talking about the top flight carbon fibre stuff but something durable in the bargain basement section (not cheap and nasty of course) I find I'm a bit reluctant to use my arrows other than for target shooting simply for fear of losing them, but if I had a "cheap" set maybe I wouldn't feel so worried about loosing one or two in the woods when the risk of not finding them again is greater.

Just a thought. Obviously I've no idea where to source such a thing, but the hivemind here might be able to suggest some outlets.

Tarps would be a good thing too. But not from that ebay seller eh? I trust him about as far as I can spit a mouthful of fish hooks. :censored:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Since there seem to be quite a few archers at the Moot, how about a group buy of Arrows? I'm not talking about the top flight carbon fibre stuff but something durable in the bargain basement section (not cheap and nasty of course) I find I'm a bit reluctant to use my arrows other than for target shooting simply for fear of losing them, but if I had a "cheap" set maybe I wouldn't feel so worried about loosing one or two in the woods when the risk of not finding them again is greater.

Something like these Aaron?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yup. Nice darts Steve, thanks.

I wonder if they'll do a discount for a group buy? I know that's a bit "John (my life, my wallet) Fenna" to expect it as £11 is damned cheap for 6 arrows, but don't ask don't get. :lmao: (no offense Mr Fenna hehehehehehee)

I can always ask them seeing as they're only 15 minutes away from me :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I can always ask them seeing as they're only 15 minutes away from me :)

Hmm, only 15 minutes away, hmm. How much room do you have in the car when coming to the Moot? ;) If we could arrange a group buy % discount for the Moot then we could do quite well out of them and them out of us. If we provided some Moot ale for your trouble then I'd be willing to run the GB, process the money and pay Ronnie Sunshine. One to thing about for Summer next year.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Oh and another one:

Folding US Army beds and new canvas covers for them.
The MK3 is improved with buckles so they can be easily assembled and then tensioned afterwards.
new bed cover.JPGnew bed cover 2.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE