Suffolk Bushcraft Group 2 Night Monthly Meeting 6th & 7th June 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Sorry to hear that Mark, still there is always next month. Get well soon.

Thanks guys. It's been a rough week. I had to cancel classes on Tuesday and now I'm in London for an important meeting that I can't miss. I'm dragging bottom, that's certain.

And I wanted to play with a new groovy axe :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
I have to bail out on this month as well. I've been sick in bed since Monday and I can't imagine being up for a weekend in the woods by Friday. It's just not going to happen. To say that I'm gutted doesn't quite cover it. I was even going to get on trains to meet Colin in Royston for a ride in. Gutted.

Not good news mate, hope you feel better soon.

Steve

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
I look a bit of a wuss but it might be better for me to leave it till next time?(

Batchy, I was a noob not so long ago and joined this group for my first outing, you won't find a better group to take your first steps with. Extremely knowledgeable and willing to teach/ pass on skills and more than willing to help you out. Don't hesitate, you'll not only have a great time you'll learn a lot too.

Get out there, enjoy yourself, get stuck in, you won't regret it.

All the best

Steve

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Stu,
I'll be over about 8pm tonight if that's ok.

Batchy,
The first time I went a few months ago I just found a spot and had a go. Then got stu to come over and just make sure it was right. The guys will come over and have a look and point things out. The best thing you can do is go round everyone else's camps and ask people to talk you through what they have done.

Have fun everyone! I'll be setting up the big brick camp!

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Batchy, you should come along, it will be fine, I know nothing and I've survived a few meets now and only just got my pitch how I want it. Plenty of friendly people to help out. hope to see you there.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Updated list of attending.

1. Big Stu - Arriving Friday - 14:00
2. Colin. Midday'ish
3. Iambosscat
4. Kevin
5. John arriving Sat 09:00
6. Carl
7. Sean Friday late afternoon
8. Chris (woody firesticks)

Shall we give the group meal a miss this meet, and sort ourselves out on the Saturday?

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Updated list of attending.

1. Big Stu - Arriving Friday - 14:00
2. Colin. Midday'ish
3. Iambosscat
4. Kevin
5. John arriving Sat 09:00
6. Carl
7. Sean Friday late afternoon
8. Chris (woody firesticks)
9. Mike

Yippee I can make it, Should get there early PM, Looking forward to this one!!!
Colin if you get there early any chance you can let me know if you can drive up ( I will PM you my mobile number) as I'm bringing some step ladders and a few tools.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Batchy: I've been out with these guys twice, and found them all at once helpful, friendly, cheerful, knowledgable and a bit gear-crazy. You cold do much worse than to start your camping life with them. Frankly, this weekend should be especially interesting, as there will be construction, power tools, fire and whisky. Could it get any better?

Batchy

May 13, 2014
Norwich
With that kind of vouch I would be a fool not to come!

I will need a bit of hand holding with the tarp, if someone would be happy to give me a hand, I would be delighted to come.

While digging out my sleeping bag earlier in the week i found a double burner coleman 424 duel fuel stove, before I stick it on ebay etc dont suppose anyone wants one? Its in great nick £40

I have about three litres of home made whisky I could bring. :)

Batchy

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Colin if you get there early any chance you can let me know if you can drive up ( I will PM you my mobile number) as I'm bringing some step ladders and a few tools.

Nice one MIke , see you there, I'll begetting to the pub about 1:30 ish :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Ok mate, I will aim for that time then if we can't drive down then maybe I could chuck some gear in the back of yours, if that's Ok.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
IN the OP I have said that there will eb NO Group meal :)

Doh! missed that.:p

No sweat Mike, I'll send mine in return.

Folcwigga

Forager
Aug 11, 2009
London
Where in London are you travelling from.

Sorry, missed this one. I live in central London, but if anyone was travelling from here i could go meet them.

However for this weekend the most i could do would be a Saturday visit since i chucked out my tent (it leaked horrendously in the rain last time out) and the tarp i order from ebay never showed up, so i am now without any camping gear.

Batchy

May 13, 2014
Norwich
Hiya,

I hope to be down about 10:30 tomorrow car depending. I will have to leave about half eight so can anyone give me some directions or a gps location etc?

If I don't hear from you guys before hand I won't travel as its a long way to sit in the pub :)

Batchy

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hiya,

I hope to be down about 10:30 tomorrow car depending. I will have to leave about half eight so can anyone give me some directions or a gps location etc?

If I don't hear from you guys before hand I won't travel as its a long way to sit in the pub :)

Batchy

Hi Bud, sorry we did not get your message, most of us get there Friday lunchtime, and phone cover is shall we say a bit patchy, I only put my phone on twice a day to get texts and say hello to SWMBO, and dont get Internet coverage.

Hope you can make it next time :).

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Great weekend guys. the shelter build went really well, and looks excellent.

Shelter build 001.jpg My set up. Shelter build 003.jpg Chris's set up. Shelter build 004.jpg Shelter build 024.jpg Toby's set up. Shelter build 024.jpg Saturday's breakfast, Bannock and Coffee.Shelter build 005.jpg Some pics of the build. Shelter build 008.jpgShelter build 022.jpg Shelter build 011.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE