midlands meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jus_like_that

Forager
Apr 9, 2008
burton
www.jltknives.co.uk
Dukes Covert nr Grantham was good! From what i remember, Shacklewell Hollow on the Rutland/Lincs Border near Stamford was really good, nice woodland, and the warden, Derek, is very keen on it being used by backwoodsmen/bushcrafters. Been driving past it for 5 years lately and never see any1 go in or out really. so not over used. Birch Hill Plantation (Scarcliffe Woods) is a maybe i would have thought, think thats Chesterfield. Stonepit wood in Gotham near loughborough is a very back to basics site. that might work!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i contacted the warden for spitewinter campsite a little while ago with a view to camping there myself, apparently they're more than willing to hire the site out to more or less anyone. i went there quite a few times as a cub and scout and it's a good site. i don't know about lighting lots of individual fires but there's a large fire area with seating, much like a lot of scout sites. i don't know the situation with fire wood but i remember as a scout there always being lots of scrap timber in big heaps, i guess they had some kind deal with local builders/joiners. there's a pretty good pub across the road and that's pretty much it for a mile or so in any direction.

i think it'd make a great site for a meet, although i am biased as it's within walking distance of home! just thought i'd make the suggestion.

cheers

stuart

p.s. if you hadn't already guessed i'd be up for a meet!

link to the site
http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/cgi-bin...unty=Derby&view_records=View+Sites&mh=1&nh=10

W

woodwylde

Hi,
I and quite a few friends would be very interested in an East Midlands meet. We're all based North Leicestershire.

Woodwylde

W

woodwylde

Did this get any further? We *may* have a venue for next year in North West Leicestershire if all goes to plan over the next few months. Sure would like to meet up with others beforehand though. Put faces to names, and all that jazz.

Woodwylde

jamin

Forager
Nov 27, 2006
lincoln
www.piczo.com
i live in worksop about 6 miles from retford. i would recomend for you to go to walesby scout camp site. there is lots of woodland a river and a lake. its a realy nice place. with good staff.toilets with showers a short walk from the lake
ive had a weekend the in bashas with my scouts a few years ago.was realy good.

http://www.walesbyforest.org.uk/

D

dan1980s

what about shining cliff woods at ambergate,i herd they let you have sensible fires (take only photo,s,leave only footprints)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
what actually happened with this? did anyone manage to get something sorted? might be good to arrange something for in the warmer months before places start getting booked up

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
i live in worksop about 6 miles from retford. i would recomend for you to go to walesby scout camp site. there is lots of woodland a river and a lake. its a realy nice place. with good staff.toilets with showers a short walk from the lake
ive had a weekend the in bashas with my scouts a few years ago.was realy good.

http://www.walesbyforest.org.uk/

Went to the Harley Riders of Great Britain Rally there last August. Brill place. Well set up but a serious lack of food. BBQ and fire area quite big though. Loads of standing dead wood when we were there. Just not allowed to chop anything down

cub88

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
worksop
I live in worksop also. Walesby would be good, i have camped there a few times when i was in the cadets and it is within walking distance so if something could be arranged i would be more than willing to come,

cheers
cub

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I was out this weekend in Sherwood Forest, a regular haunt of mine.
So count me in for Walesby or anywhere else nearby.

PREPER.............. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE