midlands meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Im in if I can figure out how to get there. Are there suitable places for hammocks?

Shaggystu+1
nolightweight
MartinK9
Twodogs
Cliv
Andy2112 (TBC)
Intrepidstu.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
OK, anyone know the nearest train station to Spitewinter and how far is it from the camp??

Failing this, is anyone from near Stretford Manchester going??

Stu.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
ok people, sorry i've not posted for a while, i've been busy with real life.

looks like interest is growing a little, which is nice. i had been hoping to get over to rough close last weekend and speak to some of you in person but ended up going to the outdoor show on the sunday rather than the saturday so couldn't manage to get there. looks like i missed out on a southern fried treat!

right, hammocks, i'm not sure, it's a hell of a long time since i've been to the site (i believe i was in cubs the last time i camped there!) to be honest i'm going to take a little tent as well as my usual basha/bivi bag set up just to be on the safe side.

postcode, dunno mate, i'll get back to you on that one.

nearest train station, i'd guess at chesterfield or possibly matlock, i'd have thought that chesterfield would be better, if for no other reason than that's where i am so i should be able to arrange to get you from the station. i don't drive myself but my mate will be giving me a lift up and probably coming up to see us in the day, so i'm sure he'd be able to pick you up from the station and nip you over. if not, it's only 15-20 minutes by car so i'm sure someone who does drive wouldn't mind coming over and getting you.

cheers

stuart

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Cheers Stuart, Ill look at timetables tomorrow and let you know what time ill get to chesterfield (ill PM you mate).

ok people, sorry i've not posted for a while, i've been busy with real life.

looks like interest is growing a little, which is nice. i had been hoping to get over to rough close last weekend and speak to some of you in person but ended up going to the outdoor show on the sunday rather than the saturday so couldn't manage to get there. looks like i missed out on a southern fried treat!

right, hammocks, i'm not sure, it's a hell of a long time since i've been to the site (i believe i was in cubs the last time i camped there!) to be honest i'm going to take a little tent as well as my usual basha/bivi bag set up just to be on the safe side.

postcode, dunno mate, i'll get back to you on that one.

nearest train station, i'd guess at chesterfield or possibly matlock, i'd have thought that chesterfield would be better, if for no other reason than that's where i am so i should be able to arrange to get you from the station. i don't drive myself but my mate will be giving me a lift up and probably coming up to see us in the day, so i'm sure he'd be able to pick you up from the station and nip you over. if not, it's only 15-20 minutes by car so i'm sure someone who does drive wouldn't mind coming over and getting you.

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Can't find a postcode at the moment, it's not on the info that they sent me. Grid ref. if it's any help: SK.343665

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
just been up to have a nosey around the site, and i think that the tree swingers should be fine, i don't want to say that they will for definate because i'm firmly a ground dweller so don't know exactly what makes a good hammock spot. all i can say is that there's plenty of mature trees with good sized spaces between them!

stuart

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Can't find a postcode at the moment, it's not on the info that they sent me. Grid ref. if it's any help: SK.343665

just been up to have a nosey around the site, and i think that the tree swingers should be fine, i don't want to say that they will for definate because i'm firmly a ground dweller so don't know exactly what makes a good hammock spot. all i can say is that there's plenty of mature trees with good sized spaces between them!

stuart

Many thanks for the update. :)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Cheers Stuart, Ill look at timetables tomorrow and let you know what time ill get to chesterfield (ill PM you mate).

Wont be getting the train anymore as Cliv has been a real pal and offered me a lift up there on Friday afternoon. Cheers for the offer of a lift from the station though. Good people here.

Stuart.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hi all,
My isnt the midlands a large area when you come to think of it!
Id be interested in something near derby etc - closer to my old stomping ground, but wanted to know if there are any people around cambridgeshire area on here?
Just interested in meeting with people with similar ideas and sharing a bit of knowlage - or more likely gleaning it to be honest Im definately an interetsted amateur.
Try looking on this thread for Cambridge, or this one for Norwich and Norfolk.
We had a meet last week at Little Abbington, 3 weeks ago at Norwich, and today at March
(Sorry mate - never looked at the date. as Homer says -DOH!)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Also anyone got a postcode for the Campsite for my Pratt Nav?:)

Found it:)

Closest postcode is: S45 0LL - 0.2 miles from Campsite:D

shaggystucampsite.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've got to confirm the booking and pay a deposit tomorrow so final list will be
shaggystu
nolightweight
MartinK9
Cliv
Intrepidstu.
they want me to give them an arrival time for friday, anyone got any preferences?

cheers

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
i've got to confirm the booking and pay a deposit tomorrow so final list will be
shaggystu
nolightweight
MartinK9
Cliv
Intrepidstu.
they want me to give them an arrival time for friday, anyone got any preferences?

cheers

I'm available all day so whenever, I'll probably arrive around 12ish and wait in the layby:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE