Midlands Meet May 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
hi everyone, at last I found out how to get here. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great time we had at the weekend, the twins are still buzzing and sharing what they learnt with their school friends.The big pollipore, (spelling not my strong point!) has already been to school in their `show-n-tell` session.I am still buzzin too, it was a great meet with great bushcrafters whom I and the twins learned a lot from. Can`t wait to see you all again soon, thanks again to everyone.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thats great cobweb! I was trying to show it to Phil but he says he is getting a blank screen, is it only for people logged in?

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
No, it should work for him, It's a flash application so perhaps he needs to download adobe flash player or at least update it.

Decorum, are you asking for your photographs to be removed?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
From post# 125
I'm not too bothered if I end up in a shot, but I hate the feeling that I'm being watched :yikes: and with a camera pointed at me :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

At this point I tried to play down how being photographed makes me feel.

From post# 160
Because I tried to play down the 'effects' I don't think it was understood how strongly I feel on this matter. Having photos taken (whether I know at the time or not) causes me quite serious bouts of paranoia - and being called a 'wuss' at the time really didn't help at all.

At this point I, quite clearly, expressed how being photographed makes me feel.

From post# 168
Having photos taken (whether I know at the time or not) causes me quite serious bouts of paranoia

Reitterating how I felt when more shots were posted.

A while after this, after carefull consideration, I have decided:
To remove my avatar,
To remove my signature,
To remove the ability to receive p.m's or email from site members,
That the only way I have to protect myself from feeling like this is to no longer go to Meets,
That, at least for the foreseeable future, I will no longer post on the BcUK forums - this will probably be my last.

The effects of having photos of me posted and the various related comments during and after the Meet have made me feel physically ill - to such an extent that I have had several seizures since returning from the Meet on Sunday.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Crumbs... Decorum, I had no idea you felt so strongly about this.

I've only just made it back to this thread so didn't pick up your comments until now.

I'd never, ever take or post pics of anyone who doesn't want it - I honestly thought you just didn't like posing for pics but that you didn't mind if the camera wasn't shoved in your face. :(

I've taken down all pics I took with you in them and have deleted them from photobucket - please accept my sincere apologies for any distress this has caused you, and I hope you'll be able to return to BcUK soon. :(

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi decorum please accept our apologies on behalf of myself and everyone present and please reconsider your decision to quit I am 100% sure if anyone had realized how you felt they would not have done or said anything to deliberately upset you I have a phobia about dogs hence the reason I kept taking different routes back to camp to avoid the location of the dog just in case it was out..so I know how you feel and where your coming from phobias are very real and debilitating to those of us who are affected
I hope to see you again soon

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
D, I had no idea that it affected you this strongly.
Like Wallenstein, I just thought you didn't want the camera shoved in your face but didn't mind being in the background or just in a candid.
I've removed the one with you in it from photobucket and I've uploaded a revised slideshow.
If you are reading this, I hope you get better soon :)

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
Decorum we've not met so if this is inappropriate feel free to tell me to f.. go away, but if you need some space away from the world pm me, there is room here to camp etc. where I can virtually guarantee no intrusion, but company if you need it, hang in there mate

Steve

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Decorum

I'd like to add my apolgies as well for having unintentionally caused you such anguish and upset. LIke everyone else has said we really did misunderstand the degree to which you felt about photos.

I have removed the photos which identify you by name and again I am very sorry for the whole thing. I wish you all the best and hope this doesn't put a stop to you carrying as a member here at BcUK
Best Wishes
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE