Midlands Meet May 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Decorum

I can only echo what has been said so far,I hope that you feel better soon and that at some point in the near future a mk2 version of the Midlands Meet is up and running, and that my first visit to Rough Close is not to be my last.

Regards
And very best wishes

Maverick

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Despite being asked to step forward he insisted on hiding at the back, which means it is rather incomplete as a group shot unfortunately. :(

Not Cobwebs fault I must add.

Dec. I only meant to say that since you were such an important part of the event, both as organizer and by your informed presence, it would have been nice to have you in the photo for posterity.

I apologize if anything I have said caused you distress in any form. :(

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
decorum,

So sorry about your distress, I'm shore no one meant any harm by there remarks or actions. I hope you recover in time and feel like you can come back to the forum.

Wishing you all the best.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi all, thanks for all of the kind comments and thankyou all for dousing the flames on the bridges I was trying to burn - it's what has made me feel able to repost :notworthy and it's a generosity of spirit which I'm almost completely unused to :( . I can assure anyone who has or will read this thread that I bear no grudges over this matter - it was my fault for failing to communicate efficiently and effectively - but be aware that I might act a tad 'strange' when cameras are around.
My sincere apologies for the 'hissy-fit' - I really must learn to communicate better :eek: - during my self induced 'exile' I've had time to find a comfort zone for being in photos - and that's the two Meet photos which I'm still in (and I have no problem with them being left in there).
To be honest I didn't know that I was going to react so badly - although I really, really don't like being photographed I've realised that my problem is with identity/anonymity; especially on the web.

Anyway ...... anyone up for another Meet?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Argh..... I forgot to thank Staghound for his kind offer - :notworthy
I also forgot to thank everyone for refraining from negative/flaming posts - :You_Rock_

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
Congratulations decorum :D .

So glad you felt you could come back :grouphug: . No worries about your '"hissy-fit" When strong feelings come on quickly its not always easy to communicate them, I'm no stranger to that.

Anyway really grate to have you back :beerchug:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes its great to see you back. You dont have to worry about negative flaming responses, I dont think anybody here would do that, especially over a subject that has hurt you. Its fully understandable to feel anxious and upset over annonymous issues. I went on a meet with another forum and about a quartre of the people there refused to be in any of the photos because it made them anxious.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
...... Yes please, when? ASAP!!!! :D

It'd be nice to get one in before the bushmoot '08 if possible

As Mesquite's asked whether it would be possible ......

How about these weekends:

June - 27 - 29 (It's possible that the site is fully booked - 11 doesn't get used much though :dunno: so it'd be worth checking with the site)

July weekends - 18 - 20 (a fortnight prior to the Bushmoot) or 25 - 27 (the weekend before the Moot)

Feel free to suggest alternatives though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE