Midlands Meet May 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
No, unfortunately, I had said that I was bringing a camera but I forgot it.
It was on the table and in the rush to go, it was left behind like some sad and forlorn puppy... :( I've packed it in the bag so it will definitely be coming now :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I don't think I can bring a chair, I'm getting the train down from manchester.
Man I hope there is some soggy logs to sit on!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Do we have a rough idea of when the meat will be sufficiently charred for consumption on the Saturday? :)

I've absolutely no idea - but if if it's anything like the first Meets' roast we'll be eating for a while :lmao:

I don't think I can bring a chair, I'm getting the train down from manchester.
Man I hope there is some soggy logs to sit on!

There are some logs suitable for sitting on stored on the pitch we'll be using :D

...... but as we are but a stone's throw from the cultured delights of Coventry City Centre......

:lmao:

...... and on that note, is everyone all right with having their pictures taken and possibly going onto the internet, if not, please say so :)

I'm not too bothered if I end up in a shot, but I hate the feeling that I'm being watched :yikes: and with a camera pointed at me :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

No, unfortunately, I had said that I was bringing a camera but I forgot it.
It was on the table and in the rush to go, it was left behind like some sad and forlorn puppy... :( I've packed it in the bag so it will definitely be coming now :D
[I never seen any pics of the last meet were any taken I shall be bringing one this time...

You'll confuse people - and that's my role :p . Cobweb's referring to the Midlands Meet held in October of last year :D

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
I'll be bringing a camera as well, If we have too many cameras we'll end up with lodes of photos of other people taking photos though :lmao:

And I don't mind my photo going up.

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
I picked up the meat today although I had misheard the price of zebra £22 a kilo...... and he only had huge bits of boar so I got a different selection.

A muntjack leg.
A fallow deer haunch.
A guinea fowl.
A hare.
A lump of kangaroo.
A pork belly.

I have also had a walk round with the rifle and now have another hare, 3 rabbits and a pigeon to add, I reckon this should be enough.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
......Talking of monies :D :

Can people pleeease bring a bit of spare change rather than just notes - I have to use public transport to get to work during the week.

Just a gentle reminder. I know it can be a pain in the posterior to cart change around - but please bear in mind that if everyone pays with paper money I'd need to be carrying more than £50 in change :yikes: to settle up costs.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I picked up the meat today although I had misheard the price of zebra £22 a kilo...... and he only had huge bits of boar so I got a different selection.

A muntjack leg.
A fallow deer haunch.
A guinea fowl.
A hare.
A lump of kangaroo.
A pork belly.

I have also had a walk round with the rifle and now have another hare, 3 rabbits and a pigeon to add, I reckon this should be enough.

Sounds good :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wow Scrumpy, that's a lot of meat, I don't think we'll be going hungry :D

LOL that was what I was thinking when I read what Scrumpy's got having been to Costco and got 2.4kg of their best Scotch beefsteak mince for the chilli :) Oh well there's going to be plenty to choose from. I've blended the spices now but much to my annoyance I found I'd run out of my home grown cayyennes so had to resort to having Mr Schwarz's help with the dried crushed chillies.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

A muntjack leg.
A fallow deer haunch.
A guinea fowl.
A hare.
A lump of kangaroo.
A pork belly.

Sounds like a regular feast, I hope the weather picks up again

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Weather's due to be a bit drizzly tomorrow during the day, but should be cloudy and dry in the evening.

Saturday looks dry but overcast so shouldn't be too bad!

Anyway, a roaring campfire and a tarp for shelter and it'll feel just like home. :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
we'll be leaving about 8, arriving 11ish I think. just packing my bag, im always last minute. everything doesnt quite fit and ive lost my meth spirit! Oh well.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi firecrest,

I've no idea whether you'll have the opportunity to read this - but Gooutdoors should have some (directions). It's a very short drive from the site, which is very useful for when you realise that you forgot to pack something (no connections etc.). I'll lob some extra in just in case you don't get the opportunity to pick some up.

And then the 'idiot fog' rises and decorum remembers that you're travelling on public transport :slap: - I'll just lob some in! :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Almost forgot. We had a bit of light rain yesterday and overnight (it's still, just about, making the effort to fall) - an Old Saying says 'Rain before seven, fine by eleven'. It's not enough to raise any concerns, just remember to pack waterproofs (In case the Old Saying proves to be wrong this time :eek: ); I was on site yesterday evening and the ditches were empty.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Here's the current Met Office forecast for today... looks a bit soggy but won't be too bad!

weatherss1.jpg

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Well thanks for a wonderful weekend guys, I hope everybody got back safely. I really enjoyed myself and I learned lots. people where more than happy to impart knowledge to novices like myself, everybody has been really generous, I was even given new bits of kit and a lift back!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE