Midlands Meet May 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers for that. the reason Im wary of getting a tarp is that I went on a rock climbing course once and discovered to my horror I have near zero ability to learn to tie knots!

Near zero still means you can still learn Fc and I'm sure people will be willing to help you learn a couple handy ones for tarps. It's all about practice, practice, practice :)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Whilst I think of it I've got myself a SS stock pot for the chilli I offered to make, I just need to kn ow if there's anyone else who fancies a bowl full besides the others who have said they wish to try it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds good put me down for a bowl cheers very kind of you

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'd like to try some chilli also if theres some going, will get there Saturday early afternoon.

No probs at all :)

I think that brings the list of 'volunteers' (or should that be victims? ;) ) to 6 or 7 who want to try my chilli. It'll be interesting doing it as I've not cooked a chilli on an open fire before, but as they say there's always a first time for everything.

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
I'm afraid to say my health has taken a tern for the worse recently so it's looking less lightly I'll be able to make it. I've still got my fingers crossed that I'll be well enough but just to worn you. If I'm not there hope you all have a grate time.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi WhichDoctor,

Hope you start to feel better soon. I hope that you'll be well enough, but if you can't make it there'll always the next one!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Before I go any further this offer is solely for those who come to the Meet. This is for a couple of reasons and amongst them are that the supply isn't huge and I don't have easy access to the Post Office.

Does anyone want a bit of flint? I'm no expert when it comes to flint or its uses and the 'colours' vary but all the bits I've tried have thrown a decent shower of sparks.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Before I go any further this offer is solely for those who come to the Meet. This is for a couple of reasons and amongst them are that the supply isn't huge and I don't have easy access to the Post Office.

Does anyone want a bit of flint? I'm no expert when it comes to flint or its uses and the 'colours' vary but all the bits I've tried have thrown a decent shower of sparks.

I would like a piece not to make fire but to practice flint napping I'll be there Friday so I'll see you then

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.

If I manage to get down then I would greatly appreciate anything you could spare as I'm flint free up here Decorum :You_Rock_

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ok put me down for the meet, probably for the three days. Do I pay now or on the day?
Ill have a tent and possibly bring the man with me, if thats ok.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
What I forgot to include yesterday is that I can now say, with all honesty, 'I've now done bushcraft on a nudist beach' :D And yes I kept all my clothes on!!!

I would like a piece not to make fire but to practice flint napping .....

Not a problem at all - no shards left on the ground if done on site though :)o I don't believe that it'd happen but have to make sure that I say :eek: ). So I can try to guage individual needs are you looking for flint to practice knapping techniques or to make ??something??

..... I'm flint free up here .....

It isn't very common here either - we're on clay.

Ok put me down for the meet, probably for the three days.....

Done :D

decorum - hammock
wallenstein - tent
Scrumpy + Scrumpy jr - amuks + Mrs Scrumpy - Tent

Cobweb + Bramble + 2 littleuns (total 4) - hammocks -
Archery: 4
Spit Roast: hunk of pork(most likely)/carrots/parsnips/potatoes.

WhichDoctor - tent
Bodge + 1 or 2 kids - floor and or hammocks.
T1tch - Hammock
Bushcraft bailey - hammock (poss 1 kid - Tent)
Mesquite - tent (if there's room for a Newbie)
woodstock - hammock and tarp
PJ McBear - Hammock/tundra/bivi - weather dependant.
Wayland - Hammock and mega tarp probably.
Gwhtbushcraft - hammock + Dad - tent
Maverick Moocher - hammock or bivi
firecrest - poss +1 - tent

..... Do I pay now or on the day? .....

I'll need to pay the site at about midday-ish on the Sunday, so almost any point over the weekend will be fine.

.....Ill have a tent and possibly bring the man with me, if thats ok.

As previously mentioned (in this thread, If I recall correctly") the only criteria for coming along to a Meet is that an individual poses no latent risk to others (potential or otherwise). So feel free to bring him along.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Its just to try it im booking to go on the moot and their doing it there so I thought I would have a little go before hand......
'I've now done bushcraft on a nudist beach' And yes I kept all my clothes on!!! what did you do and was it a must to keep your clothes on:D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
..... what did you do and was it a must to keep your clothes on:D

I was down south for the weekend - which is how I 'foraged' the flint :D I can't see that breaking flint nodules apart in the altogether as a smart move - it'd certainly be an extreme sport though! :lmao: Did a bit of working out what I could eat vegeta .....erm .... plant wise (the previous line had to be re-thought due to being considered in conjunction with the much less clothed beach companions!) and flint stoves to make brews on.

It took me about 48 hours to realise that part of the beach was a nudist area - but in my defence it was all old fella's!

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
It took me about 48 hours to realise that part of the beach was a nudist area - but in my defence it was all old fella's![/QUOTE]

We need to hone your powers of observation you wandered around for 48hrs without noticing that everyone else was starkers and they were all male to boot god the plot thickens:eek: even if I had,nt booked to come on this meet I would have came just to hear you relate this story in person :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE