me on the TV tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
A few weeks ago BBC filmed for a day in my workshop for a new series "Paul Martin's Handmade Revolution" it goes out tomorrow 3.45 BBC2. Not sure what the target audience is at that time of day.

Paul made a wooden bowl on the lathe, they filmed a bit of me forging tools and carving a spoon but that may not make the edit.

IMG_0503.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
What a great video! It's funny the image you have of people - you're a lot younger and a lot less beardy than I'd imagined.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats very true Spandit, for no logical reason my image of Robin was some long haired skank bearded hippy type! and he looks...well...normal. The mind is indeed a strange thing.

I'm looking forward to the programme. Robin, what was Paul Martin like, he comes across as a nice chap on the telly.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Thats very true Spandit, for no logical reason my image of Robin was some long haired skank bearded hippy type! and he looks...well...normal. The mind is indeed a strange thing.

I'm looking forward to the programme. Robin, what was Paul Martin like, he comes across as a nice chap on the telly.

hahaha, I shall definitely have to work hard on making my forum posts less beardy. Paul Martin is a really nice bloke, totally genuine, very into woodwork and traditional crafts and making stuff generally. He worked as an antique restorer for many years before getting into TV stuff.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Goes without saying the fear sets in on a Sunday evening when work looms in the morning - but after watching that video I dont think I have ever been more reluctant to sit at a desk all day! Great work Robin

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Nice piece Robin, the boy Paul did rather well.
Must have been good fun working with a presenter who knew a bit about what he was doing.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Thank you Robin, I have just watched it and enjoyed it!!

Secondly, I have to say, I have a lot of respect for your promotional work to keep the traditional crafts alive!! goodjob

Cheers,

Jasper

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE