Match Case With Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Alright fellows. Please note I am adding the new requests but there is not certainty that this will happen anytime soon.

I cannot edit the post on page 2 with the tally so I begin anew here:

Also this is the tally list I have so far....please check to both make sure you are on the list and that the number and materials are correct. I will keep editing this post as the thread grows.

Andylaser-------3A
stuarty---------2B
MarkG----------1B
shackleton------1A
ranger----------1B
crofter----------1B
jon-------------1B ,1A
wayne----------1B,1A
alick------------1B,1A
Dougie----------1A
Bushwacker Bob--1A
leon-1-----------1B,2A
boaty------------1B
Danzo------------2B
Doc--------------1A
NickBristol--------1A
gurushaun--------1B,1A
Quarterstaff------2B
grumit------------1B, 1A
maximus otter-----2B
Hjaltlander--------2B
Great Pebble------1B
nevetsjc80--------1B
Brian--------------1B
familne------------2B
magikelly----------2B
spiritofold---------1B
Neil1--------------1B
Huon--------------1B, 1A

Total-------------29B,14A

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Got you new guys...remember at this point this really is an interested list of folks....I cannot promise that Keith will be making any matchcases anytime soon...fingers crossed but this gives me a great place to start my gentle reminders to Keith.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
aww.. i have been resisting this since this thread started.. but all this new talks made me hungry...

put tomtom down for 1x Brass one! :sulk: :rolmao:

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I just sent New Year's greetings to Keith and of course ask about cases....I will let you know if it looks promising.

Alright fellows. Please note I am adding the new requests but there is not certainty that this will happen anytime soon.

I cannot edit the post above with the tally so I begin anew here:

Also this is the tally list I have so far....please check to both make sure you are on the list and that the number and materials are correct. I will keep editing this post as the thread grows.

Also this is an interest list only....you are not hidebound to purchase until it looks like this may happen, so adding your name will only give me some sort of idea for Keith

Andylaser-------3A
stuarty---------2B
MarkG----------1B
shackleton------1A
ranger----------1B
crofter----------1B
jon-------------1B ,1A
wayne----------1B,1A
alick------------1B,1A
Dougie----------1A
Bushwacker Bob--1A
leon-1-----------1B,2A
boaty------------1B
Danzo------------2B
Doc--------------1A
NickBristol--------1A
gurushaun--------1B,1A
Quarterstaff------2B
grumit------------1B, 1A
maximus otter-----2B
Hjaltlander--------2B
Great Pebble------1B
nevetsjc80--------1B
Brian--------------1B
familne------------2B
magikelly----------2B
spiritofold---------1B
Neil1--------------1B
Huon--------------1B, 1A
TomTom-----------1B
ChrisKavanaugh-----3B
shinobi-------------1B, 1A
sargey-------------2B, 2A
sandbender--------2B
Hellz---------------1A
lou1661------------1B, 1A
faca---------------1B, 1A
Danceswithhelicopters--1B, 1A

Total-------------42B,23A

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Best get on down to the store, I am sure Tatiana is missing you.

3B for you.

Last Summer Keith delivered 69 cases to me in a huge box for some of my forum friends. He is still dealing with poor quality compasses from Brunton. Last shipment of 105 compasses.....103 were returned to Brunton. Not a good sign. I have asked Keith to make the case without compass, but he likes the design and if the compass makers would consider these small button compasses like they do their larger versions....instruments not zipper fobs then all would be good. Early Silva compasses for these matchcases used a jeweled bearing....current production does not.

Hopefully Keith will have better luck with Brunton/Silva/Nexus/Suunto/whoever this year.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
it's a real shame that these superb handcrafted matchsafes aren't more widely available.

my wife hates the alumininum one that i wear as a pendant :eek:): it holds the miniest of mini kits. :biggthump

just in case it does go ahead, can you put me down for 2A and 2B please schwert. :You_Rock_

cheers, and.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Alright folks, it looks like the list on page 5 is up-to-date.

I did not hear from Keith overnight, but hopefully will over the weekend. If not I think I will call him next week and chew-the-fat.

Thanks again for the interest and let's all hope that Keith can do up some more cases soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE