Match Case With Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
I have been in contact with Schwert, regarding these items. I think it would be a good idea if everybody who wants some of these puts their name below with the quantity and type that they require. This will allow Schwert and Keith to gauge how many are required.

Details:
Bress, weight 76g
Black anodized aluminium, weight 29g

Cost, $20 approx
Shipping, $6 approx for about 5 cases

Picture courtesy of BAHDog
Matchcase2.jpg

S

shackleton

I would be interested in one brass one please. Many thanks.

crofter

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2004
UK
Andy,
do you know what sort of compass is supplied with thw matchcases?

Crofter

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Cabales.com sell the same thing with a Brunton (spelling?) compass which is similar to the silva compass for $15.

I have had one of these for a long time and while they are robust and high quality I find them way to heavy for what they are.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I'd like one of each brass and black ally please. I've seen picture of them in black and yellow finishes but never was able to identify the maker. Thanks, Alick

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Wow, loads of interest.

I will call Keith Lunder's today and see what he has to say about current compass availability and type.

Compasses have varied over the years, but he is very limited to suppliers, either Suunto or Silva (or one of its namesakes in the US including Brunton). My last conversation with him indicated that Brunton was the supplier but that huge numbers of the compasses were defective right from the manufacturer. These used to be high quality jeweled compasses but the design now uses no jeweled bearing points only a divot on the compass card.

Beware that the current Cabala's version(last half year or so) is a direct copy made in Asia. I personally will have nothing to do with that one. It may be good but in my view it is unethical. Cabala's once marketed real K&M cases, so if you have one from more than a year or so ago it was made by Keith. I have never seen the imported version.

I will post anything I learn from Keith as soon as I can. I encourage any of you to call him direct if you so desire.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I just got off the phone with Keith. A couple of issues.

He expects a new (and promised better) shipment of compasses in August. If these check out good then he is back in production, but no one should count on this until he has had a chance to evaluate them.

Keith is also dealing with a ill, aged mother so that will take priority over making cases etc.

Keith is not paypal or Visa ready, so creativity will be required.

Case cost will be $15 to Keith. That means if we find some PayPal or other way to transfer funds the price will increase by whatever the electronic means charge plus postage.

I estimate shipping via Global Priority Mail will cost $5-6 up to a certain number of cases that I am estimating at about 5 (brass, more aluminum). I will get the details of this mailer later. So in other words one case will cost about $21 (assuming paypal get 3%) but each additional case will only cost $15 plus the paypal percentage up to about 5 cases (again depending on shipping etc).

Keith may not have time to mess with a bunch of small shipments but I would be willing to do the shipping.

So keep the interest posts coming, and I will let you know about the new compasses when Keith knows.

Also any of you who are close together doing a group purchase will save a bit on shipping.

I made a tally of the posts so far and have 10 brass and 9 aluminum cases.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE