Match Case With Compass

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I just heard from Keith today. His computer needed to be replaced and all the heartache that goes with that resulted in a complete loss of email addresses.

However, he has a line on compasses from Suunto so keep your fingers crossed. I think things are looking up.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Many thanks for pursuing this for us Leon & Schwert...

Do you think Keith would consider producing a plain brass match case without a compass?

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Christ, can I show interest I did not realise this thread was still active when I joined the forum; I have been kicking myself thinking I had missed out.

I would like one of each if you can sort it out

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Again thanks Leon for keeping the count active.

And again, no one has missed out, as Keith still has not received the new compasses.

When I first started keeping count, I was thinking that Keith may only be able to make a small number of cases and so first come first served was the intent, but if his new (old) supplier delivers high quality compasses this may mean we have a large number of cases rather than a restricted number.

Keith is not exactly right on top of emails, so unfortunately I do not have any new information, but I expect him to contact me when he receives the shipment of compasses. If these check out I will ask Leon how we should go about doing a sales post that both addresses the interest and is mindful of the rules here.

As for the cases without compass, I asked Keith about this a year or more ago. He really did not want to do one. I may still be able to convince him, but he invented this design many years ago, and he likes it, so I am not going to press him on it.

I currently have a tally of 46B 26A. A very good showing I must say.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
John,

I had you down for 2 Brass. So maybe it is a good time to ask that folks review the list on page 6 and see if that still reflects your interest.

I really do not think anyone will only want one.... :eek:):

Also if Keith gets these new compasses total costs for the case will probably go up a bit. The new compasses are jeweled like the old days. Prices are not yet determined, so again, no risk expressing interest. There really is only risk in not expressing interest. Once Keith is ready and I have all the details I will make every effort to get the word out.

If Keith hits the Mother-Lode of compasses I would recommend you pick up at least a pair of cases and either gift or sell one if you can bear to. I have given some away, but it pains me every time. :shock:

Several people who bought one last year have told me they wish they would have bought one of each. The brass ones are classics, the aluminum easy on the pocket and retain their shine over time.

dsgr

Dec 31, 2004
Greece
Hi, I am a new member (been lurking for a while). If you can, please put my name down for one of each. Thanks to all for a great forum!

Dimitris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE